IT.COM

domain MontrealMontreal.com is good for development or not?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
What do you think about this domain?
I have no idea why I reg it, but I am developing now a bunch of travel guide-related sites so think maybe use this one too?
Is it a good name for some kind of city or travel guide or better search for another domain?
I don't mean "ok, if I already have it, better will develop the site", I just don't want to waste my time developing one more site just because of the domain that is not worth it.
If the domain is good I will create a site..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With regards to repeating: I believe you'd have an easier time in the domain market, if its a major capital, or a major country...and being punchy. IMO

Examples:

London London
Paris Paris
Rome Rome
Tokyo Tokyo
Kenya Kenya

UK UK
France France
Italy Italy
Japan Japan
Africa Africa

I respect Montreal is a big deal in Canada (and a hotspot), but compared to the above, just misses it for me...probably. However, the right buyer may put in a bid. If you had "Canada Canada"...I'd give it the nod. Regardless, if you've got plausible development ideas, serving Montreal, I think that's awesome

Last edited:
•••
For repeating a location, I believe you'd have an easier time in the domain market, if its a major capital, or a major country...and being punchy. IMO

Examples:

London London
Paris Paris
Rome Rome
Tokyo Tokyo
Kenya Kenya

UK UK
France France
Italy Italy
Japan Japan
Africa Africa

I respect Montreal is a big deal in Canada (and a hotspot), but compared to the above, just misses it for me...probably. However, the right buyer may put in a bid. If you had "Canada Canada"...I'd give it the nod. Regardless, if you've got plausible development ideas, with regards to serving Montreal, I think that's awesome
I mean develop, not sell.
Is it good for city guide website?

•••
For development, my belief is , if you do it right, any domain works. So MontrealMontreal.com should work for a city guide.

•••
I mean develop, not sell.
Is it good for city guide website?
Is there a demand for that? Plenty places of guidance already online (when I say plenty, I mean a ton), with regards to Montreal, and other major cities. Just need to Google it and I've got it, what are you doing that's different? How do I compete / serve a purpose...I'd be asking myself that, if I'm developing, knowing the stuff I'm thinking about offering probably already exists. IMO

Last edited:
•••
Is there a demand for that? Plenty places of guidance already online (when I say plenty, I mean a ton), with regards to Montreal, and other major cities. Just need to Google it and I've got it, what are you doing that's different? How do I compete / serve a purpose...I'd be asking myself that, if I'm developing, knowing the stuff I'm thinking about offering probably already exists. IMO
There are a lot of travel and news sites, but mine getting daily traffic and income. Should I delete them all just because "there are a lot similar sites online"?

•••
There are a lot of travel and news sites, but mine getting daily traffic and income. Should I delete them all just because "there are a lot similar sites online"?
I can only speak for myself. If you're good at developing travel sites and can make it work (income, and so on), I'd encourage you to do that...maybe you know more about it than me. If you're making it work, then my view of it is quite irrelevant. If it was me, I'd be keeping the major capitals / major countries only

Last edited:
•••
No from me. Much better names to develop

•••
Low-xx to high-xx - Minimal (if any) revenue potential with development

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back