Dynadot

question Miss spelt domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alex067

skytreatment.com || homelistings.orgEstablished Member
Impact
Hey everyone, how is the market for miss spelt domains? Is it very rare to find an end user who would be willing to buy a miss spelt domain of their company?

Or is it kinda like a hit and miss where, if it misses, you are stuck with this domain and have to give it up?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it's very hit or miss like many brandable domains. There's quite a few on the brandable marketplaces.

•••
Probably the most common misspelling is using a Z instead of an S for plurals. I really dislike this and all other misspellings. However, if it's used judiciously for brandability, it might be possible to call it "cute". But generally it reduces the value of a domain exponentially. If someone has the magic formula for making these domains valuable. I'd sure like to hear it too.

•••
Hey everyone, how is the market for miss spelt domains? Is it very rare to find an end user who would be willing to buy a miss spelt domain of their company?

Or is it kinda like a hit and miss where, if it misses, you are stuck with this domain and have to give it up?
I see what you did there. :xf.wink: (You're just messing with us to see who is paying attention, right?!?!?)

Typo's/misspelled domains used to be a big thing to pick up stray traffic for parking pages or to steal traffic for knock off websites.

At my day job we have two primary domains but bought a few common misspelled (this side of the pond) version of them because a pretty fair number of people don't listen very well and will hear "N" when we tell them "M" or even miss a letter completely when we use our short domain that includes just our initials.

But realistically, I think you might create some serious issues for yourself trying to sell a typo domain to the company who owns the correct version.

Last edited:
•••
I see what you did there. :xf.wink:

(You're just messing with us to see who is paying attention, right?!?!?)

I totally missed it lol nice catch!

•••
Short brands are okay. I do like US And UK English spelling trying to get both words. I do have siteadvertizing with a "z" which is okay also for traffic.

•••
Some end users might register typos of their brands for defensive purpose.
Other end users might register a typo to use it as a brandable for their main site ie flickr, because the proper spelling is already registered. But then this is a way for them to avoid the aftermarket. The odds of selling a typo are rather slim.
And there may be TM issues...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back