IT.COM

.tv Meth.TV - What do you think?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I reg'd this a couple of days ago with the intention of creating an "awareness" TV spot geared towards meth.

Now I'm thinking I should create a "irreverant" site that is geared towards people who would watch broadband internet TV shows 24/7.

What say you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like the domain, it's easy to say and easy to memorise. Maybe I love it so much because I use the MythTV pvr

Either way it's a great name.

•••
Meth.TV

I've requested "grant" monies to launch Meth.TV nationally. We'll see if I get the funds. My point made to the "gov" site I submitted my proposal to is that younger individuals tend to "pay" more attention to internet media then they do the "regular" media. Meth.TV would have a powerful influence on stopping young people from taking meth.

NOTE: I basically told them I'd need a considerable amount of govenment grant money to make this work. We'd not only run a "internet TV" show, but we'd distribute literature in the public schools which would inform them about the Meth.TV site. Parents and educators alike will also visit the site which indirectly will give some free press to the .TV extension.

www.Meth.TV

•••
so what would make your site get young ppl to not smoke meth better than all the other rubbish spreading around? they dont work!!!

whats different about your idea?

•••
drifta said:
so what would make your site get young ppl to not smoke meth better than all the other rubbish spreading around? they dont work!!!

whats different about your idea?

They could send in for a cool looking "Meth.TV" T-shirt?

Seriously, the US government is willing to fork out millions of dollars to promote awareness on social issues ranging from drug addiction to domestic violence.

I'm thinking it's time I got me hands on some of that money to help young people. Does "drug education" work? You bet. Even if it saves (1) kid from a life of drug addiction the money would be well spent...seriously. One person addicted to meth must have to cost the government literally hundreds of thousands of dollars. Maybe Meth.TV could commission a study once funds are secured....

Last edited:
•••
the gov't won't fund it.....

•••
JeffM2 said:
the gov't won't fund it.....

Kind of like the government "won't" pay $600 for a hammer? Nice try!

Next...

•••
Interesting angle, makes the domain more valuable, plus you act in a socially beneficial manner......... I've seen the government spend money on worse ideas. Any Senators up for re-election in your neck of the woods? Might help if you could talk to one of their aides, would be a nice addition to their resume to be seen promoting the grant/pushing it through.........

•••
Whens the last time the gov't has funded anything other than the red cross etc? Most sites set up their own donation programs where ppl donate.

•••
Well, this year the budget funded:

$1.79 million for berry research
$225K for dairy forage research
$100K for the Trees Forever program
$225K For Asparagus research
$335K For cranberry/blueberry disease research that was supposed to be completed in 1995....
$265K For a driver training simulater in Alaska
$2.0 million to buy back a yacht the government owned in 1977
$1 million in the defense budget for 'Brown Tree Snakes', which are found only in Guam, and are non life threatening.

etc.......

If you really want to be sickened about the waste in the U.S. government, you can look at this page: CAGW.ORG

So, a grant for a just say no to meth program? Entirely possible, and I'd say, actually, probable, if you lived in Alaska.

In fact, I'd like to get a grant to create a Domain Dependancy Awareness Group.... ( I wonder if DDAG.ORG is taken, heh.... )

•••
I was just saying they're funding large organizations in each field as rogue stated above. Unless you're huge you'll have trouble getting funds.

•••
I still can't believe we bought back a yacht we used to own in 1977 for two million. Off track, my apologies, but that just makes me ill.

As for meth.org, to have a chance to succeed, IMO, you would need a good business plan, a professional grant proposal, plus some sort of evidence that you are capable of completing the site/providing worthwhile materials.

With a little luck, maybe you will be mentioned at cagw.org in a couple years, lol.

•••
NEW STRATEGY (UPDATE): I got an email back from MethResources.gov and they weren't aware of any specific grants that would help me financially launch the site.

The reason there are no grants for this is because the government still is unaware of the power of the internet---specifically to reach teenagers. Those "government" backed regular TV ads geared toward substance abuse prevention just doesn't have the same impact on kids as they once did. Time to update. However I won't wait...

So I got to thinking. www.Meth.TV could be a "for profit" donation type site. I'll see if I can a celebrity or sports figure whose family has been directly impacted by Meth would come forward to do a "internet TV" spot on the site.

I didn't realize how much of a hot button issue Meth was until I got to do some intensive research. In fact yesterday the House passed a "Combat Meth" Bill. It's on it's way to the senate.

More than anything, I think Meth.TV would be one of those things you just have to do because...

Last edited:
•••
So is combatmeth.com still available?? Hehe....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back