Dynadot

domain memorize.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

trogdoro

Established Member
Impact
Would like tips on how much to list it for, and suggestions for where to auction it. It seems like the general area of using technology to get facts into the brain (via various means) is starting to ramp up. So maybe holding into it is a smarter move?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would like tips on how much to list it for, and suggestions for where to auction it. It seems like the general area of using technology to get facts into the brain (via various means) is starting to ramp up. So maybe holding into it is a smarter move?
I like it

•••
Great domain. According to estibot, cerebrum.com sold a few days ago for $23,000. I would imagine memorize would be worth substantially more. $25,000 to $250,000 isn't unreasonable, but the higher end of that price range could require sitting on the domain for many years and finding someone with deep pockets.

•••
Great name

Certainly 5 figures or more to the right buyer

Best of luck sir (y)

Last edited:
•••
i like the name, for sure mid $xx,xxx or more

•••
great name
wait for 5 fig offers

•••
Its definitely worth $7500 and above. Don't let go CHEAP.

•••
Thanks all! Looking to unload it soon. Any tips would be appreciated. I'm thinking I should probably email education sites asking if they have interest, as well as computer-brain interface companies.

•••
•••
So has this domain been yours since 1998 . The date of registration.

We don't often see relatively new members presenting such a good long held domain, particularly for appraisal

added*. I now see you asked for this appraisal (+ two other threads) on the same date of joining NP. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to your ownership history. Surprised such a name hasn't picked up more responses on NP

Last edited:
•••
A very nice domain.
It can be good for a website of new technology/product regarding memorization.
Also, it can be very useful for an education/education games portal.
It is pronounceable, short and highly popular single word.

Some related domain sales(Source: namebio.com):
optimize.com 115,000 USD 2010-03-24 PremiumDomains
modernize.com 25,000 USD 2014-05-07 GoDaddy
optimize.com 24,650 USD 2008-02-27 Moniker
apologize.com 19,300 USD 2017-05-16 NameJet
recognize.com 17,000 USD 2017-01-23 NamesCon
publicize.com 10,199 USD 2011-04-14 NameJet

Resell value: low $x,xxx to mid $x,xxx
End user value: low $xx,xxx to mid $xx,xxx
Very rare end user value: high $xx,xxx to $1xx,xxx

Best of luck :)

Last edited:
•••
So has this domain been yours since 1998 .

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to your ownership history. Surprised such a name hasn't picked up more responses on NP

I bought it around 2008, I think. I built up an education site on it, at peak with around 400k visitors. I switched focus to another project a few years ago and started neglecting memorize.com. Now I need a down payment for a mortgage - the sooner the better.

•••
My best guesses:

For an end user: 20k to 100k
Namepros resellers: 2k to 10k

•••
My best guesses:
For an end user: 20k to 100k
Namepros resellers: 2k to 10k

So people buy them and sell them to end users for 10x... Impressive profit margins.

•••
So people buy them and sell them to end users for 10x... Impressive profit margins.

The profit margin is not so good when you realize their portfolio annual turnover is only 4% to 7% on average and they have to pay renewals on 100s or 1000s of domains, shouldering all risk with no guarantees. :)

•••
•••
Oh, also.. 10% is not across the board..

I was talking about this specific domain.

Resellers pay 1% to 40% depending on many factors.

•••
I could deal with 40%. At 10% I'd be dumb not to hold onto it myself. Registrar fees seem negligible for a 5-figure domain.

Still haven't had a single serious offer. I was thinking to try a sedo auction with a high minimum price. Is that a smart idea?

•••
I could deal with 40%. At 10% I'd be dumb not to hold onto it myself. Registrar fees seem negligible for a 5-figure domain.

Still haven't had a single serious offer. I was thinking to try a sedo auction with a high minimum price. Is that a smart idea?

Personally I prefer a $1 starting price but have a reserve to protect yourself. That way you can see the true auction market value. Also it might end at just below whatever your starting price from before would have been and then you can make a judgement call or negotiate if needed.

I'd guess 3k to 8k on a Sedo auction if you get 2 or 3 bidders who actually have budget.

•••
Very nice domain.
Immediately thought of the Memrise language app.
So many possibilities.
Only issue is the spelling, which is US English. International English replaces "z" with "s".
But retail should be well above $100k.
Imagine a site where you pay $20 a year subscription to a site/app that helps you memorize school work. When the site has 10,000 subscribers (from a US population of around 300 million) that generates $200,000 a year. Simple math.

Do you own the social media accounts? The Twitter.com/Memorize has this domain as its' link and forwards to the sales page for Memorize.com. That would be cool if you owned the Twitter!

Last edited:
•••
like Rob Monster said from another thread, $100k and take what you are comfortable with with a offer button.

•••
A very nice domain.
It can be good for a website of new technology/product regarding memorization.
Also, it can be very useful for an education/education games portal.
It is pronounceable, short and highly popular single word.

Some related domain sales(Source: namebio.com):
optimize.com 115,000 USD 2010-03-24 PremiumDomains
modernize.com 25,000 USD 2014-05-07 GoDaddy
optimize.com 24,650 USD 2008-02-27 Moniker
apologize.com 19,300 USD 2017-05-16 NameJet
recognize.com 17,000 USD 2017-01-23 NamesCon
publicize.com 10,199 USD 2011-04-14 NameJet

Resell value: low $x,xxx to mid $x,xxx
End user value: low $xx,xxx to mid $xx,xxx
Very rare end user value: high $xx,xxx to $1xx,xxx

Best of luck :)

Your stats show Optimize/com (very similar to Memorize/com) sold for $24,650 in Feb 2008, then $115,000 in March 2008. If you Google memorize the top result is Memrise.com which has 35 million users according to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memrise), and the official site says its around $50 per year. Let's assume 0.1% of Memrise users pay $50 a year on paid subscription to access all learning features. 0.1% of 35 million is 350,000. 350,000 multiplied by $50 is ummm $17.5 million. That is at the extreme low end of assumptions.

If Memorize/com (not a made up word) could get anywhere near that then $100k is a conservative appraisal.

Last edited:
•••

Expires 2023, suggest you shell out the $60 and re-register until 2029. Why not? Second, register all the exact-match social media and other accounts. Facebook is taken which is a bummer, but YouTube is still available which is really important. Check Instagram too. Lastly, consider registering a US or international trademark for the word memorize. This could be a key factor when selling to any party that wants to create a brand on your domain. Have you checked WIPO for any existing trademarks?

•••
Do you own the social media accounts? The Twitter.com/Memorize has this domain as its' link and forwards to the sales page for Memorize.com. That would be cool if you owned the Twitter!

I have twitter.com/memorize, yes.

•••
you have @memorize also?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back