IT.COM

domain Megayacht.io

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GBMax

Impact
Hello domainers,

I've held on to a few Superyacht-related IO domains for the last few years, including this one - Megayacht.io
Given the recent sale in the Metaverse of a virtual Megayacht, I thought this might just be the best time to actually sell it.
Would like your feedback on possible value.

Thank you in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To my understanding you get yachts, superyachts, and then "megayachts". The "mega" are quite literally the tip top of the tree (like bragging rights for having the longest one). You're serving an incredibly niche market with a domain like this, and may be hard to sell in that regard. The "IO" is best suited for tech / online related businesses too. Who's buying it? A megayacht broker, provider or just someone showcasing these things on a site...you're aiming pretty damn high. Keep if you want, hope you catch your miracle

Last edited:
•••
To my understanding you get yachts, superyachts, and then "megayachts". The "mega" are quite literally the tip top of the tree (like bragging rights for having the longest one). You're serving an incredibly niche market with a domain like this, and may be hard to sell in that regard. The "IO" is best suited for tech / online related businesses too. Who's buying it? A megayacht broker, provider or just someone showcasing these things on a site...you're aiming pretty damn high. Keep if you want, hope you catch your miracle
Thank you for your reply jhm, I appreciate your input.
I agree, it's an incredibly niche market! A few years ago now I did a very short stint working on superyachts - which is why it came to mind later when I decided to have a punt buying some domain names (I also purchased Superyacht.io, among others). I suppose I'm now thinking that, as many businesses will be transitioning more into the metaverse and becoming more virtual, more tech, then maybe, just maybe an "IO" (or two) in the superyacht or superyacht "gaming" world might happen? It could take a while, but I hope I catch my miracle too - always! Thank you again.

•••
Good luck, but I don't see much of anything with the names, unless they are a 'project' or you have a passion for them. I've come to find out that .io is really tricky, and the names that do "sell" are generic one word names. Yacht.io would be great, but mega or super, my honest opinion is reg fee only.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back