IT.COM

information Mega.nz changed it's domain name to mega.io

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Debasis

Established Member
Impact
Mega the online cloud storage platform changed it's domain name from mega.nz to mega.io .Due to the unavailability of mega.com it chooses mega.io .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mega the online cloud storage platform changed it's domain name from mega.nz to mega.io .Due to the unavailability of mega.com it chooses mega.io .

Isn't that good old Kim Dotcom? I thought he was in jail...

•••
Interesting; that a New Zealand company would chose to forward to an .io extension over their native countries’ cctld

•••
Isn't that good old Kim Dotcom? I thought he was in jail...

Interesting; that a New Zealand company would chose to forward to an .io extension over their native countries’ cctld

yes he is kim dotcom never been in jail he bought a new zealand island and he build mega.nz after selling megaupload he is still wanted btw 😂mega.nz is used for dark web since you have full privacy an enceyption anyway .io move is a great step imo

Last edited:
•••
•••
Btw i own mega.ac since a while 😉

•••
Sounds good. But, lets hope .io and .co extensions officially be released from ccTLDs for its further growth.

•••
There is nothing "New Zealand" in this company apart of the fact they reside there. It's very well known and used worldwide file sharing.

•••
[...] worldwide file sharing.
Exactly, and that's why mega.world would (have) be(en) the right choice (it's not too late for another change).

•••
And he's got the exact match, kim.com. another sweet hack, k.im. which he accidentally dropped, interesting story:
https://hackernoon.com/main-domain-of-kim-dotcoms-kim-project-set-to-be-reclaimed-9y1031zi

Interesting read. Didn't hear about this before.
I already stumbled several times upon these bulgarian guys that catched the domain.
Those guys have specialized in dropcatching extremely short ccTLDs domains with rather uncommon TLDs.
As I have a bit an eye onto that niche, I already wondered who they are as there is little to none information about their companies.

Anyway, perfectly ok to be active there, but having a company around expired/dropcatching domains, then claiming it was intended for personal use eventhough a different person was listed as contact which then tried to sell the domain back for 100k sheds exactly the light on domainers we don't need.

•••
They have owned it since the beginning. I know because I was instrumental in finding them an alternative to .com (.io wasn't one of them). About time they switched if you ask me.

Very glad to have sold mega.co to a competitor as they failed to pay me for one of the domains I've provided.

As for Kim Dotcom with whom I've a long history (he also named his latest startup after the K.im domain hack I sold to him back in 2013) he was and remains a con artist whose latest fraud is to pump the Bitcoincash scam.

@xyo I helped them (re)sell it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
They have owned it since the beginning. I know because I was instrumental in finding them an alternative to .com (.io wasn't one of them). About time they switched if you ask me.

Very glad to have sold mega.co to a competitor as they failed to pay me for one of the domains I've provided.

As for Kim Dotcom with whom I've a long history (he also named his latest startup after the K.im domain hack I sold to him back in 2013) he was and remains a con artist whose latest fraud is to pump the Bitcoincash scam.

@xyo I helped them (re)sell it.

Does Media options claims their commision ? Because as they said when you sold mega.co it was under exclusive contract agreement with them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back