vote
    5.9%

• 17 votes
  • Ended 5 years ago
  • Final results

briguy

Guru In Remission!Top Member
Impact
While doing a forum search on "marijuana" (looking for ideas for domains) came across this thread from Nov 29, 2004
( https://www.namepros.com/threads/discussion-on-marijuana.57595/ )

First off, let me state my stand on marijuana..Neither Pro nor Con, just looking at it as a investor (no not selling it, but as in investor in that domain niche)

What are your opinions on legalizing marijuana? I know a few of the state in the U.S.A. have legalize it and Canada about too (maybe legislate it..politics not my forte or interest). Not sure about other Countries!

As in original thread... "please keep this mature and on-topic!"

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Either legalize marijuana or ban alcohol and cigarettes, imo

We can't trust the governments, the WHO, the FDA, MSM, etc. It's strange that if they banned Marijuana because it's bad for us then why have they legalized alcohol and cigarettes. There is no doubt that these 2 'products' are bad for us and have caused a lot of deaths, while researchers ridiculed by MSM and the mainstream health advocates have shown us the 'truth' about vaccines, flouride and the other supposedly good shit they put in our bodies. If they really care about us, then why not ban alcohol and cigarettes? It seems that Marijuana/Cannabis has many benefits/uses and it isn't only used to get high..

http://www.ccguide.org/uses.php
https://www.learngreenflower.com/articles/66/50-life-enhancing-benefits-of-cannabis

I don't know who to trust but I will say that we must never trust the mainstream narrative.

•••
My vote is Yes!

I'm not a user, but I'm all for freedom-of-choice. Besides, legalizing it will lower (if not eliminate) the demand in the illegal drug trade as a result of it becoming generally available (and competitively priced).

Job creation on a larger scale is also inevitable (from various product-forms, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, export, etc.), not to mention the plethora of new found uses and innovative creations after years of funded research.

The argument about it being a gateway drug was never proven to the contrary (ie. had it not existed, would those same individuals have refrained from any and all drug experimentation?). Also, I agree 100% with @Haris about alcohol and tobacco, I don't think anyone on earth has ever argued this point - it's simply fact.

Anyhow, now that it's been legalized in some parts it's only a matter of time before the delayed "uncle-sam's" of the world decide to get in on the action for their share of the revenue-pie.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know who to trust but I will say that we must never trust the mainstream narrative.
Enjoyed your opinion, thanks

My vote is Yes!

I'm not a user, but I'm all for freedom-of-choice. Besides, legalizing it will lower (if not eliminate) the demand in the illegal drug trade as a result of it becoming generally available (and competitively priced).

Job creation on a larger scale is also inevitable (from various product-forms, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, export, etc.), not to mention the plethora of new found uses and innovative creations after years of funded research.

The argument about it being a gateway drug was never proven to the contrary (ie. had it not existed, would those same individuals have refrained from any and all drug experimentation?). Also, I agree 100% with @Haris about alcohol and tobacco, I don't think anyone on earth has ever argued this point - it's simply fact.

Anyhow, now that it's been legalized in some parts it's only a matter of time before the delayed "uncle-sam's" of the world decide to get in on the action for their share of the revenue-pie.
Valid points!

Any other opinions?

•••
I think it should. Why not really people do it already just tax it you would make more then the fines and do a little less jail crowding.

•••
Legalize yes- From the health standpoint, there aren't any documented deaths from marijuana (as far as I know). There are, however, correlated health benefits such as relief from seizures and parkinsons symptoms. Legalizing would allow easier access to this medicine. There are strains that exist such as Swiss Tsunami that are primarily CBD, with very little THC for patients who do not wish to feel the stoned effect.

As far as the question about why alcohol and cigarettes have been legalized, any socioeconomic issue can usually be traced back to money. How much money is backing which side and how are political figures being swayed by this...

•••
Don't see the value in having any thoughts on the subject actually :) Removed.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back