Hello,
Please take a look at my portfolio,
www.jeanco.ca/portfolio.php. I have been running this company for several years. Assuming that the workload will be 2 hours per day or less there is room for myself to take on your work as well. I've included a few case studies below that will highlight some of the PHP, HTML, and CSS work I've done in the past.
www.ePasture.com
The site is essentially split into 4 sections. Laughables, Ridiculous Products, Tutorials, and Brain Teasers. The site draws each content piece from a database split into the same 4 categories. For the most part, on each content page the header will change to match the title of the content - this is for search engine optimization purposes. Also for SEO, we rewrite the url to appear as a static HTML, this is done through mod_rewrite. Ex:
Link and
Link. You'll also notice that 5 random entries from the same category are generated and shown on each page.
Additionally, if you're viewing in IE there will be a javscript mouseover that will give a short description of each item on the following pages:
http://www.epasture.com/products.html
http://www.epasture.com/laughables.html
http://www.epasture.com/brainteasers.html
http://www.epasture.com/brainteasers.html
The Brainteasers section includes the option to show a hint, and show the answer on most questions.
Finally, there is a tell-a-friend form on the bottom of each content page that will send an email out to a friend recommending the site.
www.HostDurham.com
Nothing extremely fancy here, but the orderform is PHP based and is custom coded by myself. I didn't feel the need to use something like modernbill, as I have a clientExec license. I also didn't feel the need to use the ClientExec order form because it required too much customization to have it included in the site. The domain look-up service is a modified version of Matt's whois script and has been modified to suggest more domains, as well as different extensions. It has been incorporated into the ordering system should the users need to register a new domain name.
www.Sociopath.com
This site also uses PHP/MySQl and reads questions and answers from a database. Each answer is assigned a certain weight to determine the overall "craziness" of the person being quizzed. The site tallies results, and gives a unique result to each person. If users register with the site, they have the ability to save their score and compare it against others in their "buddy list". Go ahead, and give it a shot.
On the backend, there is a fully functional admin panel that allows the owner to change questions, answers, answer weights, and manage users from a friendly, easy-to-use interface.
www.WineClassroom.com
Not much to look at for the moment, as its currently under construction. It will feature quite a few articles on a number of wine topics. It will also feature a storefront powered by amazon results that I have logged into a database. Additioanlly, it will have an ever-growing database of 'featured wines' that will rotate through the wine of the day feature.
On the best parts of this site, is it is the first I've done that will be standards compliant. As of now, every page is XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant and works in all browsers I've tried.
Please feel free to browse through my portfolio more if needed. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks for the consideration.