Looking for Best Hosting Plan

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamwillson

Impact
Hello All,

I am looking for best hosting unlimited plan to run 4-5 website simultaneously. Can any one guide me best hosting plan and company from where i get best Hosting plans as well as domains also. i am running a website development company (xorsolution.com) so i can also creates unlimited sub domains and website run smoothly on that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
After spending the day researching, I ended up signing up with inmotion Hosting this evening. Waiting for confirmation now. Used this thread: @Isac

https://www.namepros.com/threads/inmotion-hosting-56-off-on-shared-hosting.1014780/

They are offering a deal on their mid range reseller package now till memorial day which I went with to get more familiar with reseller stuff. If I didn't choose the reseller package, I would have went with their normal hosting anyway.

Last edited:
•••
I host my sites at BuyShared.net - $10/y plan (there is no typo)
They offer also $5/y and $20/y plans.
Unlimited domains, free unlimited SSLs, unlimited databases, no issues with them till now - 3 months.
Sounds too god but is true.

•••
If you're hosting multiple websites, especially of your customers, then shared hosting is a very bad idea. You should go for a VPS at a minimum with adequate space and memory for your needs for the next 6 months. Hosting requirements vary depending on the content being hosted, load on the system if dynamic content is being displayed, the amount of data being stored etc etc.

Don't go for hosts that oversell (DH is the most well know). Shared hosting should not even be in your consideration imo.

•••
If you're hosting multiple websites, especially of your customers, then shared hosting is a very bad idea. You should go for a VPS at a minimum with adequate space and memory for your needs for the next 6 months. Hosting requirements vary depending on the content being hosted, load on the system if dynamic content is being displayed, the amount of data being stored etc etc.

Don't go for hosts that oversell (DH is the most well know). Shared hosting should not even be in your consideration imo.

Bad idea in regards to efficiency, getting hacked, infection spreading, bandwith, speed, what exactly makes it a "very bad idea?"

For getting ramped up and not working with many clients, from a cost perspective, it's "very bad?"

You get into VPS you have more responsibility, more work keeping things up to date and security patches, if you aren't extremely technical you now have more overhead because you will need to either outsource some of it or have a consultant on standby for questions. If things go down and you don't, you are totally screwed. You also now have much higher overhead.

With reseller hosting up front you eliminate many of those costs and worries while focusing time and energy on getting up to speed. I asked my hosting company how hard it is to move from reseller to VPS when you are ready he said it is "two command lines" of work for him. That easy to migrate from what I was told.

When you are dealing with a lot more clients I can understand for numerous reasons, but if on a fix budget, doesn't this make sense?

I was told the path as you grow was shared, reseller, VPS, Dedicated. No?

Flaws in my thinking or research?

•••
I host my sites at BuyShared.net - $10/y plan (there is no typo)
They offer also $5/y and $20/y plans.
Unlimited domains, free unlimited SSLs, unlimited databases, no issues with them till now - 3 months.
Sounds too god but is true.

+1 - My accounts are now all at BuyShared, I have two $20/year reseller plans. Awesome, fast, helpful Customer Service. Been with them since 2014

My previous praise for them
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6048568/

•••
Bad idea in regards to efficiency, getting hacked, infection spreading, bandwith, speed, what exactly makes it a "very bad idea?"

How? The thread equally applies. There are managed VPS options which can take care of basic hygiene of the servers

For getting ramped up and not working with many clients, from a cost perspective, it's "very bad?"

The cost is not too high but the chance is reduced drastically that a neighboring user's rogue script does not reduce performance to everyone on the shared server

You get into VPS you have more responsibility, more work keeping things up to date and security patches, if you aren't extremely technical you now have more overhead because you will need to either outsource some of it or have a consultant on standby for questions. If things go down and you don't, you are totally screwed. You also now have much higher overhead.

You can go for a manged VPS. It'll be slightly more expensive but if these are aspects that you want to offload, you can.

With reseller hosting up front you eliminate many of those costs and worries while focusing time and energy on getting up to speed. I asked my hosting company how hard it is to move from reseller to VPS when you are ready he said it is "two command lines" of work for him. That easy to migrate from what I was told.

I'm not too sure what reseller hosting exactly is but I was commenting purely about a shared server.

When you are dealing with a lot more clients I can understand for numerous reasons, but if on a fix budget, doesn't this make sense?

Why not? I've been a shared hosting user for over 12 years for my personal 2 page site + blog. I've tried at least 3-4 different providers and I can say with certainty that all shared hosting providers suffer minor downtimes and performance issues including, and not limited to, intrusions and mal-usage.

I was told the path as you grow was shared, reseller, VPS, Dedicated. No?

For a personal project, as it grows, yes. That path is likely optimal. But when you're responsible for customer websites and other organization's business/revenues etc, it is advisable to err on the side of caution

•••
How? The thread equally applies. There are managed VPS options which can take care of basic hygiene of the servers

The cost is not too high but the chance is reduced drastically that a neighboring user's rogue script does not reduce performance to everyone on the shared server

I see these warnings and people giving this advice all the time. I question what the likely hood or statistical probability of this happening is. I question that this is not an actual up-sale fear point originally introduced to the market and now a normal buzz statement. I really don't know but have heard the stories about it happening to the ones it did, but on a wide scale basis, I doubt these numbers are realistic enough to worry. Like the statistic of how likely you will have a car accident today. It's a risk everyone has to take to move about. I would think if this problem was as widespread as people really claim, shared hosting wouldn't be as popular as it is at all. Again, I don't know but extremely skeptical based on scanning news, forums, etc... and statistically not seeing "a man that shared hosting crap screwed me with all the script problems from other websites on my shared host." There really is those stories, but why aren't they exploding everywhere? I don't hear mainstream news stories about wordpress scripts running rogue and locking up everyone's data for bitcoin fee's. Sorry...I just don't. But I am not insisting that I am correct, just a reasoning kind of guy that looks at truth from different angles versus what I am always told.

With that thought in mind...does that mean "all" the shared hosting providers, re-sellers, etc... around here are just pushing a bad product that is not really in anyone's best interest outside of hosting it for one or two page personal blog postings? I don't seem to see that in their selling points.

You can go for a manged VPS. It'll be slightly more expensive but if these are aspects that you want to offload, you can.

Instead of saying "what you can do," and since many of us are learning, and we don't have to continue begging for "any" information that will also help us get on our way...why not state specific examples? Anyone reading this would find that extremely helpful so they can compare, research, understand the industry more.

I'm not too sure what reseller hosting exactly is but I was commenting purely about a shared server.

Shared server "is" re-seller hosting/space. Not sure how you don't know what hosting is versus shared server and then can give that much information technically about best approach. You completely threw me for a loop when you said this.

Why not? I've been a shared hosting user for over 12 years for my personal 2 page site + blog. I've tried at least 3-4 different providers and I can say with certainty that all shared hosting providers suffer minor downtime and performance issues including, and not limited to, intrusions and mal-usage.

Who exactly are those 3-4 different providers you have tried over 12 years? I also wouldn't hold validity towards the amount of years versus who you are actually using. Things aren't the same as they were 4 years ago, never mind 12. There was not nearly as much stability and options as there are today versus just even a few years ago.

For a personal project, as it grows, yes. That path is likely optimal. But when you're responsible for customer websites and other organization's business/revenues etc, it is advisable to err on the side of caution

"personal project" = what exactly? Working with mom and pop organizations that aren't currently online and getting them up and running? Working with the school high school band for their trip to Waterloo? What does this mean? Expand some more. Sounds like to me many folks started the exact route I mentioned to get to where they are now with VPS's and the like. Maybe I am wrong about folks in this forum because there aren't enough conversations like this and it appears most folks like to work and keep their ideas and thoughts in the shadows. Climb the mountain but never tell anyone how you got there except for glory stories only...

So some of us keep reinventing parts of the wheel as we go making the same mistakes and tripping over the same hurdles along the way...seems kind of pointless but is what it is in a dog eat dog world.

I also strongly question the level of service and quality you are getting from a host that is $20 a year like the ones mentioned in this thread versus $20 a month from inmotion. Sounds like to me that you are trading off a LOT more risk to your clients between these two options. We know inmotion is going to be here in another year, two, etc... It sounds like to me it is like choosing between Amazon delivery my product versus the kid next store doing it for a couple of bucks. But again...I really don't know but think it is a safe guess.

Last edited:
•••
I see these warnings and people giving this advice all the time. I question what the likely hood or statistical probability of this happening is. I question that this is not an actual up-sale fear point originally introduced to the market and now a normal buzz statement. I really don't know but have heard the stories about it happening to the ones it did, but on a wide scale basis, I doubt these numbers are realistic enough to worry. Like the statistic of how likely you will have a car accident today. It's a risk everyone has to take to move about. I would think if this problem was as widespread as people really claim, shared hosting wouldn't be as popular as it is at all. Again, I don't know but extremely skeptical based on scanning news, forums, etc... and statistically not seeing "a man that shared hosting crap screwed me with all the script problems from other websites on my shared host." There really is those stories, but why aren't they exploding everywhere? I don't hear mainstream news stories about wordpress scripts running rogue and locking up everyone's data for bitcoin fee's. Sorry...I just don't. But I am not insisting that I am correct, just a reasoning kind of guy that looks at truth from different angles versus what I am always told.

Happened to me a few times and happened because of me a couple of times. So, personally, I can attest to this experience.

With that thought in mind...does that mean "all" the shared hosting providers, re-sellers, etc... around here are just pushing a bad product that is not really in anyone's best interest outside of hosting it for one or two page personal blog postings? I don't seem to see that in their selling points.

No. I'm not saying this is the only use case for a shared hosting provider. But for any website that needs guaranteed uptime, shared hosting is not the right solution. If the OP is selling their website management service with a clause of temporary downtimes, then sure, shared hosting might be sufficient. That said, try running a e-commerce application instance on a shared hosting provide and see it crawl with any reasonable amount of traffic. Most users nowadays are not patient enough to keep waiting for a web page to load. They are more likely to navigate away.

"personal project" = what exactly? Working with mom and pop organizations that aren't currently online and getting them up and running? Working with the school high school band for their trip to Waterloo? What does this mean? Expand some more. Sounds like to me many folks started the exact route I mentioned to get to where they are now with VPS's and the like. Maybe I am wrong about folks in this forum because there aren't enough conversations like this and it appears most folks like to work and keep their ideas and thoughts in the shadows. Climb the mountain but never tell anyone how you got there except for glory stories only...

By personal project I mean a project that only you (or your team/org) is responsible for and answerable to. Non-personal project would be as the case is with the Op - managing client websites.

I also strongly question the level of service and quality you are getting from a host that is $20 a year like the ones mentioned in this thread versus $20 a month from inmotion. Sounds like to me that you are trading off a LOT more risk to your clients between these two options. We know inmotion is going to be here in another year, two, etc... It sounds like to me it is like choosing between Amazon delivery my product versus the kid next store doing it for a couple of bucks. But again...I really don't know but think it is a safe guess.

I did not quite get this paragraph and what you were trying to convey here. Maybe I'm misunderstanding but you seem to be supporting my position in this thread :)

•••
I did not quite get this paragraph and what you were trying to convey here. Maybe I'm misunderstanding but you seem to be supporting my position in this thread :)

I do agree with you for the most part. But I think this thread, and myself including, where looking at cost effective ways and best products for smaller projects and ramping up. If costs were not a factor up front, I would actually go beyond VPS and have dedicated servers and VPS would be the minimum, especially if I was running ecommerce sites and bigger projects yes.

Sounded like to me OP was similar to needs and wants to where I am currently. I can't go out and start with offering E-commerce packages and my feel around here is that many of the folks building something just to build on and flip are not doing the same thing, but I really don't know that either. Assumption. Difficult really getting a feel for what folks are doing from the ground up in just reading threads. Most of the information you find is pretty vague.

•••
Through searching you can find many best web hosting providing companies out there but I think it’s hard to select with whom you should go to done your website hosting? Who will give you Web Hosting with Unlimited features 24x7 support, reliable service? Here I am sharing what I found when I was searching for the best web hosting plan.I use to avail the online coupons from Reecoupons they are sharing discount on web hosting services you can try you will definitely get the coupons also for your concerned field & the best factor while using reecoupons is you can get the web hosting within less amount as the other web hosting providing companies.

•••
•••
I have namecheap dedicate hosting and share hosting plan, never have problem and never go down.

•••
•••
You should test whatever you are going to have on your sites with the host and plan you intend.

If it’s just html content most any shared plan will work but you’ll find that Wordpress blogs and forums load better and faster on certain hosts. Also as you get more traffic you’ll need at least VPS and may need to do server optimization (adjustments) which optimization is not an option on shared.

•••
How's your experience with them ?

perfect, as i wrote in the article, use my promo code ( in links) , try them for 1 month for free ! , then continue or not, i have tried other hosting plans but i was tired calling walls when something went wrong , the technical staff of planethoster are ultrareactive and friendly, this is my experience, the rest is working like charm.

Last edited:
•••
perfect, as i wrote in the article, use my promo code ( in links) , try them for 1 month for free ! , then continue or not, i have tried other hosting plans but i was tired calling walls when something went wrong , the technical staff of planethoster are ultrareactive and friendly, this is my experience, the rest is working like charm.
Where is the link for the 1-month free trial? Thanks.

•••
Try Skylarkhosting.com. Shared hosting starts from $9.99/yr only. We have been around for a couple of years now and I run it, have a good team backing it up, so you know whom to get in touch with :xf.wink:

Signup for Prime Shared hosting plan ($2.99/Month). Get first month free with coupon - NAMEPROS

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
try Hostgator, last year, I with them! and they have clean IP and fast server! since the price are not cheap, I move on to hawkhost, only $60 per year! but their IP are not good, and sometime, its hard to acces, but for $50 a years, I think hawkhost are more than enough for me:xf.grin:

•••
Hello All,

I am looking for best hosting unlimited plan to run 4-5 website simultaneously. Can any one guide me best hosting plan and company from where i get best Hosting plans as well as domains also. i am running a website development company (xorsolution.com) so i can also creates unlimited sub domains and website run smoothly on that.

I am with someone else now, but before that I used the Namecheap Professional Shared Hosting Plan. For first year (if you have not had it before) it cost $19.88 for first year, and then $78.88 per year after that, and you can host up to 10 domain names. The control panel is straightforward, and I find reliability excellent (and the one time I needed service it was good). I have no association with company.
https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared.aspx

Prior to that I used HostPapa. I also liked them and no complaints (the 10 sites plan from Namecheap was why I switched, as I needed more than in my then HostPapa starter plan). The Starter only allow 2 websites, so the Business Plan (no limit) would be best. The pricing they show is only for first registration period, so think carefully about the length options.
https://www.hostpapa.com/web-hosting-plan/detailed-chart/

I am now with Eco Web Hosting in the UK. If you take one of Rob's outstanding Udemy courses then you can get the first year of web hosting free. Their interface once I got used to it is truly superb, and they use SSD so super fast. Easy to set up different sites, each with its own IP. They cost a bit more but I may stay with them after my initial period runs out. Compare plans at this link:
https://www.ecowebhosting.co.uk/?page=webhosting#comparison
I have their Advanced Plan - the lower two are much cheaper but would not cover enough websites for your needs. The Advanced is unlimited. One nice feature, I am about to try, is they include free basic SSL certificates (not sure if these are enough for all needs). The unlimited SSD is a huge plus for Eco. Generally easy to use, but less extensive documentation than the other two.

Disclosure: I have no association, other than as user or former user, with any of these companies.

•••
+1 - My accounts are now all at BuyShared, I have two $20/year reseller plans. Awesome, fast, helpful Customer Service. Been with them since 2014

My previous praise for them
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6048568/

Are you using their Luxembourg or Las Vegas locations? I came across them sometime back but couldn't find any genuine reviews about them. Are you still using them? Thanks

•••
Are you using their Luxembourg or Las Vegas locations? I came across them sometime back but couldn't find any genuine reviews about them. Are you still using them? Thanks

YES, still delighted with them, have one reseller account at LV and one at LU, just to not have all eggs in one basket : thumbs up :

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back