Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Logos

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

dawg

Dust TexasEstablished Member
Impact
5
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
:'(
Not another competitor! Looks good Dawg for your first one. Keep it up, you'll get the hang of it!
 
0
•••
heheh nice one dawg!
 
0
•••
Solid first effort!
ST
 
0
•••
Looks good. But a lot of the really successful logos are simpler and use less colors (just 1 to 3, with no gradients). Can anyone validate this, and explain why its so?
 
0
•••
"HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found"
 
0
•••
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
"HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found"

same for me...
 
0
•••
Same here! I really want to see the logos!
 
0
•••
Sometimes the most popular logos are the ones without all the glitter because they need to be printed. Also, major logos need to be able to be put onto clothing, and other materials easily.

Look at the most successfull logos out there:
-Nike
-Adidas

First of all the Nike logo. The Nike logo is highly recognisable around the world. The lettering is upper case, it is sloping slightly to the right and it is bold and easy to read. The lettering is fairly thick and there is not a lot to it. It can come in a variety of different colours and works well in black and white also. You could recognise it if it was in a newspaper etc and it also works if it is made larger or smaller. The edges are straight and sharp and there are no curves in the writing.

The Nike tick or Swoosh is rounded and fluent. It is pointed at the corners and gives the impression of movement. It, like the lettering is simple and easily recognised. It is in proportion with the lettering and placed just under the lettering and works well with it. The impression the swoosh gives to us is correctness and good quality, in other words if you choose to wear Nike clothing you have made the right choice.

The Adidas logo is also highly recognisable. It is known around the world and is a very famous brand as well. The lettering is in lower case. It sits in an upright position and does not slope to either side. It is again quite bold and very easy to read. It is not as thick as the Nike lettering but it stands out well. The Adidas logo can also come in about every colour and works well with most of them. It is most commonly in white and is again recognisable if it were in a newspaper or other advertising medium.

The Adidas logo is three parallel lines also known as 3 stripes. Each one in turn gets bigger than the last and they all sit next to each other to give the impression that they are one. They all lean to the left and are not curvy but straight lines with sharp, pointy corners. They, as well as the Nike tick, can be seen without the lettering and are still very recognisable. Once again it is a relatively simple design but probably took a long time to develop. The symbol of the 3 stripes gives is slightly harder to see. When I took a close look at it, I thought that the lines give the impression of sport, they suggest to me that the product will be sporty (which it is) and could in fact have been designed to give the impression of running tracks, or swimming lanes. They could in fact be a number of different things but when you see them you instantly know that it is something to do with Adidas.

The two logos I have written and described about are both well known sporting brands and I chose them because they make similar products and are similar companies and yet their two logos are so very different. I have always preferred the Nike logo more because I understand the messages the logo gives although now that I have looked at the Adidas logo in close detail, I think that I have an idea about the message it tries to give off. I appreciate how long it must have taken both the companies to come up with these final logos and I am sure that the effort put into designing them has paid off in terms of financial rewards. The logos for both the companies are highly recognisable and memorable in the marketing business today.
 
0
•••
Wow Josh... Great post!
 
0
•••
Very nice post Josh. Couldn't have said it better!
 
0
•••
Very nicely said Josh, but personally I believe that unless your company is well known in the industry, otherwise, if the logo is to remain relatively simple and close to their competitors, potential customers would not be able to differentiate this company with the other companies. I personally see that a majority of big corporations use simple design for their logo while smaller companies use a more complicated design.
 
0
•••
heh nice big post josh..
what can i say about logo's..
"I HATE LOGOS". i cant think of em, they chew up alot of my time
 
0
•••
not found for me...
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back