Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Local server installations, urgent help needed.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Porte

VIP Member
Impact
145
Hello guys,

I decided to run a private basic local server to test php, scripts, etc. on my PC. heres what I got:

Abyss Web Server - which is pretty basic for beginners, and can do the job.
Here's what I did:

I installed the server, and its running and I can view http://localhost successfully. No problems with this,

Moving to the problems: I need to install php and mysql.

For PHP

I got this zip file from php.net php-5.0.4-Win32.zip which should contain all required files and extensions.

I unzipped this folder to a directory called php which contains a few folders, few dlls, some stuff I don't know.

The Abyss comes already with documentation to install php: go to the directory where you have installed PHP and click on php.exe if you have installed PHP 4 or php-cgi.exe if you have installed PHP 5.

I did this, and I saw D:\server\php\php-cgi.exe php
All Done with my local server.

I can go to http://localhost and I can see my php executed <? echo "Test"; ?> .. So this means php is working, but I didn't do anything with php.ini yet, or where can I find php.ini or where to place it... I only got 2 php.ini one php.ini-dist and another php.ini-recommended.

That's for php, please help with this part about the ini even its working fine.
----------------------------------------

For MysQL - this is the main problem

I unzipped "mysql-4.1.12a-win32" and I found a Setup, i run it..
I installed it complete to D:/server/mysql, remember php is installed D:/server/php and abyss D:/server/Abyss Web Server

Back to mysql setup-- I did all in the setup, then configured it and now mysql runs as a windows start service. I also choosed root password, port, max conn, all done. So I should have php and mysql installed and running.

The problem related to mysql is that whenever I use a mysql function in my php code and when I try to open up phpMyadmin it gives me error

Cannot load mysql extension
check php configuration


-------
nutshell,

I have listed 2 problems in this thread, one related to php.ini I don't know which one is the main php.ini and should i rename it? or place it in windows?

also I don't know how load all mysql extensions to work with database driven scripts in php as for now it gives me an error: cannot load mysql extensions

Any helpful ideas, please assist!

Thank you,
Ahmed

Oh after some research figured it.. I had to rename the php.ini-recommended to php.ini and change the extensions directory inside it where extensions reside. Then i had to start a sql dll file as a startup windows service, and last thing i had to remove the ; beisde the extension in php.ini to load it automatically.

It works now guys, so thanks anyway.

Please close this..
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Regarding php.ini:
Copy the php.ini-dist file to your C:\Windows\System32 directory and rename it php.ini

Regarding MySQL:
Look into your mysql directory and there you will find a file named my-small.cnf. Rename this file into my.cnf and copy it into D drive, so that it becomes D:\my.cnf

EDIT: All the extension-specific variables related to the MySQL extension should be in the [MySQL] section of the php.ini file. Edit them according to your MySQL configuration.

Hope this helps.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back