IT.COM

question Legal issues advice

NameSilo
Watch

01domainer

Established Member
Impact
Hi, would you think this domain could have legal issues?

hamoogle(.)com
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why do you think it could have issues?

•••
I'm not a lawyer, but I'd say no. I don't see a major legal issue. Doesn't come close to "Google" or their interests (if that's what you're referring to), like "Hamsoft" doesn't come close to "Microsoft"

Last edited:
•••
There is a kind of Google thing ...maybe? That's my question: am I concerned for nothing?

•••
There is a kind of Google thing ...maybe? That's my question: am I concerned for nothing?
Hamsoft comes "kind of" close to Microsoft, Hammart comes "kind of" close to Walmart, Hamsung comes "kind of" close to Samsung, but no. Gets a bit ridiculous, I'd say you're fine here, in my weak legal opinion. Are you a business selling ham? Overall, be wary about your intent (intent matters)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your advices. Do you suggest some interesting and reliable resources on how to navigate on legal issues about domains ?
Of course on forums there is a lot.

•••
•••
No problem I think. First time I see I even can't relate it to Google, Microsoft or other big Trademarks.

•••
Thanks for your advices. Do you suggest some interesting and reliable resources on how to navigate on legal issues about domains ?
Of course on forums there is a lot.

Issue in Trademarks only if a domain can makes someone confuse :

- make visitors think that it is as a part of a Trademarked brand
- profiting from beeing like a Trademarked brand or seem as a part of Trademarked brand
- damaging the image of trademarkef brand

For example you registered domain name FBlogin, Metabook, Google.ru.com, GucciBags, ToyotaStore, or something like that.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
it may be illegal to register names this uselessly bad.

•••
it may be illegal to register names this uselessly bad.
That's true 😂... It's more about playing to learn . But totally agree with you. Thanks for that feedback

•••
That's true 😂... It's more about playing to learn . But totally agree with you. Thanks for that feedback
It's great to see a domainer with a good sense of humor and humility!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back