Watch

michael petsch

Established Member
Impact
LAGER.TV

lager is a type of beer.

Thoughts questions or concerns?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NICE NAME AND definitely valuation of domain name are more $4000 plus

•••
•••
•••
I think you flubbed on the quote insertion.

@gipson was making reference to the domain extension being intended for television-related use. If you had a television show that gave reviews on different lager beers from around the world, the domain would be quite ideal. However, there are not many other obvious uses for the domain. Lager is short and easy to pronounce, which is nice. Perhaps you could find a lager aficionado who would enjoy owning a lager domain, despite it's tv extension.

The more potential users, the more the price can essentially be "bid up" by those users. Without many potential users, the domain will go to anyone who will bid at all. It's supply and demand, and gipson was just pointing out that you will need to find the demand if you wish to sell this domain. If there is a tv program pertaining to beer, you've got a nice domain. If there isn't you're going to have to get creative or you're going to want to consider dropping the domain.

We've all seen instances where a keyword is so strong, even an unpopular extension can be overlooked. For instance, "cloud.tv" would probably be rather valuable. I wish you well with this domain. I'm new. You've been here a bit longer than I have, so I make this post with humility. The black and white of it is, the dollar amount of anything is a function of its demand, and unless there is a lager tv program or someone who really likes lager, the value of this is going to be reg.

@Rahul25: I'm going to invite you back in here to tell us why this domain is worth 4,000 clams.

Last edited:
•••
I think you flubbed on the quote insertion.

@gipson was making reference to the domain extension being intended for television-related use. If you had a television show that gave reviews on different lager beers from around the world, the domain would be quite ideal. However, there are not many other obvious uses for the domain. Lager is short and easy to pronounce, which is nice. Perhaps you could find a lager aficionado who would enjoy owning a lager domain, despite it's tv extension.

The more potential users, the more the price can essentially be "bid up" by those users. Without many potential users, the domain will go to anyone who will bid at all. It's supply and demand, and gipson was just pointing out that you will need to find the demand if you wish to sell this domain. If there is a tv program pertaining to beer, you've got a nice domain. If there isn't you're going to have to get creative or you're going to want to consider dropping the domain.

We've all seen instances where a keyword is so strong, even an unpopular extension can be overlooked. For instance, "cloud.tv" would probably be rather valuable. I wish you well with this domain. I'm new. You've been here a bit longer than I have, so I make this post with humility. The black and white of it is, the dollar amount of anything is a function of its demand, and unless there is a lager tv program or someone who really likes lager, the value of this is going to be reg.

@Rahul25: I'm going to invite you back in here to tell us why this domain is worth 4,000 clams.
what?

jk

•••
Yeah, it was wordy. I’ve learned enough by now to be able to explain to folks why many domains are not worth the time, and a lot of the domains in these appraisals are precisely that. Then there are cowboys like @Rahul25 throwing out delusional quotes and these noobs around me are getting bad info on these threads.

The veterans here either ignore the problem altogether or don’t fully engage because they’re jaded. I’m too new to be jaded, and your thread was a perfect setup to knock over some nonsense so we can have an honest discussion.

Everyone needs to know, quantitatively, the demand for their domain if there is to be a proper appraisal. Of course, that’s only part of the equation, but it’s the first litmus test. Everyone needs to ask themselves, before they post an appraisal:

who would want this?
would they want it badly?
would they want it badly enough to bid it up?

That’s all an appraisal is, along with some metrics and comps to come to those answers.

Wordy again, I know. But these people need help. Lots of bad domains in here.

•••
Yeah, it was wordy. I’ve learned enough by now to be able to explain to folks why many domains are not worth the time, and a lot of the domains in these appraisals are precisely that. Then there are cowboys like @Rahul25 throwing out delusional quotes and these noobs around me are getting bad info on these threads.

The veterans here either ignore the problem altogether or don’t fully engage because they’re jaded. I’m too new to be jaded, and your thread was a perfect setup to knock over some nonsense so we can have an honest discussion.

Everyone needs to know, quantitatively, the demand for their domain if there is to be a proper appraisal. Of course, that’s only part of the equation, but it’s the first litmus test. Everyone needs to ask themselves, before they post an appraisal:

who would want this?
would they want it badly?
would they want it badly enough to bid it up?

That’s all an appraisal is, along with some metrics and comps to come to those answers.

Wordy again, I know. But these people need help. Lots of bad domains in here.
I understand. But Lager.tv is hardly a bad domain. When I look over what has sold lately in the .tv world I see a lot of unrelated "TV" terms being sold for way above what I paid for Lager.tv. for example. scrumbag.tv / jeremy.tv /seal.tv muzu.tv I understand muzu is brandable, all I'm saying is that anyone can make any domain into anything. Before Twitch.tv was the worlds largest live streaming platform for gaming, I guarantee people like you were like "whats a twitch? twitchy arm? I don't get it twitch.tv? not going to sell because the word twitch and TV doesn't make sense"
get what is I'm saying?

Maybe I'm just too optimistic.

•••
Regarding your specific keyword, one hindrance is the fact that, in the absence of an already-strong brand identity, there is some ambiguity with respect to the spelling of the domain. You can say, "Hey bud, you can email me at mike@lager dot tv", and that person might think you meant "logger.tv".

In comparison to the other .tv domains you mention, I think names such as twitchy and muzu might be more brand-able, because they offer more freedom and flexibility when it comes to the industries they can be used in, whereas lager is beer-specific.

And I'm not inferring that nobody would want your domain. Maybe somebody would. Then the question is, will they pay more than the reg fee for it? Maybe they'll just buy pilsner.tv instead, or lager.io.

Some domains are slam dunks. Beer.com would be a slam dunk. In your case, the .tv extension is weaker than a .com, and in your first post you even felt inclined to specify to those who didn't already know what lager was, that it was a kind of beer. It's just not a strong name in any sense. It's a .tv that could be logger or lager, and what's a lager? Oh, a beer.

Again, I wish you well with it. I'm just giving you my honest opinion. If you have some time before it expires you could try to get creative with some outbound sales attempts, but IMO it's not worth the time.

Last edited:
•••
Lager.tv Estimated Value: $2,569 (USD) by godaddy

and lager.tv is a single English word.

craft.tv $3,100 (USD)
grill.tv $2,750 (USD)

Lager.tv are nice name value are more than $4000

•••
@Rahul25 these appraisal sites are tools, not genies. There’s nuance that one must consider, beyond what can be captured by estibot, godaddy, etc.

I think you should sit back for a bit and take some time to understand what makes a domain valuable. Search the site. There’s a lot we all have to learn, and we owe it to our peers in this forum to act prudently.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back