Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

advice Keeping a Physical Registry Notebook

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

Altetra

Top Member
Impact
2,939
I have buy recently an physical registry notebook, it is named For in and Out Notebook, i bought from Chinese on Aliexpress, because it is the only one I found with so many boxes. Based on 40 pages and each page has 24 lines, you can write up to almost 2000 domains in it.
So I decided to keep a physical registry, due to not trust in the digital one.
And I recommend to everyone, most for beginners to keep such a notebook, because it is easier to write in the beginning than later, of course you can hide it in a safe so no one will peek into it to see your domains.
Here is how I write mine.

1. Quantity number of domains.
2. domain name.
3. Reg Data.
4. SC (screenshot) if you took a screenshot when it was available to hand reg or after your reg/drop catch it, good for security reasons. I did not write yet mine but will do that later after will finish with all domains.
5. ER (email receipt) when you get from the registrar the email with domain registration info.
6. RG (registrar) PB mean Porkbun in my case.
7. IN (invoice) the invoice of your registered domain on registrar side.
8. PM (payment method) PP 'Paypal' CC 'credit card' etc.
9. # number from 1 to 10 how good is the domain name, in your perspective, from the accumulated experience, a deciding factor when considering to keep it or drop, sell, liquidate.
10. Price, how much you paid to hand reg or buy it.
11. OWN this means the last box to KP 'keep' or DP 'drop' or KPDS' keep and drop until sold but not renew.

Something in such manner, you can write your own way each box the key points of your domains, you can make a digital notebook but I would have a physical one in the first place.

physical registry.jpeg
 
Last edited:
19
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
You don't trust digital spreadsheets...

But your entire domain port is digital lol
 
1
•••
For security I will buy a gun and a safe, install then surveillance cameras, possible hire security staff.

Yup definitely makes more sense than just using a Google Sheet.
 
0
•••
How many of those notebooks do I need for 34000+ domains? :)
 
0
•••
How many of those notebooks do I need for 34000+ domains? :)
This is more for beginners or small portfolios, but if you have the time you can do it, with around (1x = 1850) domains, then you will need some starting with about 20 of such registries.
I still need a second one but I m going to buy something locally and only draw vertical lines.
P.s. I also bought a Journal with pin code lock to write passwords in it, I begin to not trust anything that has digital control over our online logins, this means that Browsers are collecting passwords when you save them.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I begin to not trust anything that has digital control
I mean you are definitely my kinda guy ... gal... er, person. I would like to hear more about this. What do you know that makes you so distrustful.
 
1
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back