NameSilo

Kanji problem

SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

lind

Established Member
Impact
1
I tried to reg a Japanese IDN (in kanji), whois shows the name is free, all converters seem to accept the name, even Mozilla recognizes it, but all 3 registrars I tried failed to register the name. What might cause this???
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
The name could be reserved at the registry, meaning its part of a list of keywords that will not be allowed for registration even if it shows up as available. Some categories that may end up on such lists are country names, ICANN keywords (like "www", "whois" or "nic"), and some adult.
 
0
•••
I am willing to bet the domain is "blocked".I spoke to a Verisign worker about this once.What happened is there is already an extremely similar Japanese or Chinese domain already in existence in that extension,so even though it appears as available at all registrars,ultimately it will be denied.
The same thing happened to me..in fact I bet you're trying to reg the same one I was!
 
0
•••
Dillpup said:
I am willing to bet the domain is "blocked".I spoke to a Verisign worker about this once.What happened is there is already an extremely similar Japanese or Chinese domain already in existence in that extension,so even though it appears as available at all registrars,ultimately it will be denied.
The same thing happened to me..in fact I bet you're trying to reg the same one I was!

:) Having seen your sales threads (which say a lot about your working methods :tri: ), I assume it was exactly the same name. But it wasn't the only one I failed to register. Actually I got an explanation from one of the registrars today, you're right, thats exactly what they said in their e-mail. :bingo:
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back