Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Easily .info in my opinion. Typical wholesale for .infos is much higher than .biz, though .biz is still holding its weight.

Thanks,
Andrew

•••
Either would have to be "meaningful" three letter to fit the ext (cia, fbi, etc.) IMO, but then depends on whether it's informational or business related.

•••
.info hands down. Doesn't have to be meaningful.

Just from watching the sales of three letter .biz and .info... looks like wholesale right now for a meaningless .info is $30-$70 and for a .biz from $10-$20.

Meaningful, many acronyms, same story, only multiplied.

•••
True, 3-letter .info right now appears to have better resale value. However, IMO .info is better suited for other things, such as keyword product and place names. For a business website (presumably what many acronyms are for), a .biz makes more sense. I believe this will make 3-letter .biz have more value in the long run.

•••
Generally I'd go with .info. Broader reach in my opinion.

•••
I agree with you. I would go with .info also

gartrout said:
Generally I'd go with .info. Broader reach in my opinion.

•••
without meaning, it is .info
with meaning it depends on the 3 letters.

•••
The market is placing more value on .info. However, for a company that wants to have a 3 letter acronym, legit gTLD behind com/net should have about the same value to the end user unless the TLD just doesn't "fit". However, most are now being bought & sold by resellers and investors who tend to devalue .biz. There will be some higher .biz sales than info, but generally .info is more accepted at this point and should bring higher prices for some time.

Given the same money with a choice of the same three letters in .biz and info, I'd probably take the .info.

Just read this weeks dnjournal, and it looks like year to date, biz is ahead of .info, at least on the high end of 3-letter sales.

•••
I would say .info . Because there are so many .info domains out there, after the free promotion, it is pretty hard to get a quality .info. For .biz there are plenty of them out there, and most sell for less than 20 bucks.

•••
Current Market ~ .Info
Long Term ~ .Biz

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back