IT.COM

question Is namecheckr dot com legit?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vikki88

Established Member
Impact
I recently decided to start using namecheckr dot com, after a lot of experts in this community recommended it. (To check if the domains are trademarked or not to avoid legal issues)

I wanted to check if the brand name mineswork (recently hand reg) is there on any social media websites.
To my surprise, namechekr confirmed the brand name was there on 90% social media websites, so I decided to ascertain this, by checking on the following apps individually for eg( reddit, twitter etc...). I didn't find any such Company or organization having the brand name mineswork.

So my question is, am I not using namechekr dot com properly? Or is it just like that?
And also
What is the most reliable platforms you guys use to check if the your hand reg's or domains are bearing the same brand name or trademarked?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To my surprise, namechekr confirmed the brand name was there on 90% social media websites, so I decided to ascertain this, by checking on the following apps individually for eg( reddit, twitter etc...).

It would seem you are using it incorrectly. Namecheckr indicates the name is NOT taken on Reddit or Twitter. The green check mark indicates the user name is available on the indicated service, not the other way around.

What is the most reliable platforms you guys use to check if the your hand reg's or domains are bearing the same brand name or trademarked?

If I want to know if someone is using a term distinctively as a mark in connection with selling goods or services of some kind, I usually use Google.

•••
•••
The only "tools" I use are Google and my brain!

There's TONS of fantastic information here and in podcasts thanks to @jberryhill! :)

Overall domainers are often too paranoid or not paranoid enough when it comes to trademarks .. after you inform yourself of the fundamentals it really goes a long way when judging the nuances of if/how a domain has potential trademarks against it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back