Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

.mobi Is .mobi dead....?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Is .mobi dead or just the discussion about it, or both?

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Mobi is alive and kicking, but the discussion about it has died

    17 
    votes
    23.3%
  • Mobi is sleeping and will wake up as well as the discussion about it

    21 
    votes
    28.8%
  • Mobi is dead just like the discussion about it

    10 
    votes
    13.7%
  • Mobi was never alive, there was just some discussion about it in the past

    17 
    votes
    23.3%
  • Mobi, what’s that?

    2 
    votes
    2.7%
  • No opinion

    6 
    votes
    8.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

freeflow

Established Member
Impact
13
Is .mobi dead or just the discussion about it, or both?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
This morning's (01/November/2009) .mobi domain count was 953142. On 01/October/2009, the .mobi count was 860001. I have yet to crunch the domain data but it is an increase of 93141 domains.

Regards...jmcc
 
0
•••
This morning's (01/November/2009) .mobi domain count was 953142. On 01/October/2009, the .mobi count was 860001. I have yet to crunch the domain data but it is an increase of 93141 domains.

Regards...jmcc

Good to see that!

I see also a better future for .mobi, but how much better.
 
0
•••
This morning's (01/November/2009) .mobi domain count was 953142. On 01/October/2009, the .mobi count was 860001. I have yet to crunch the domain data but it is an increase of 93141 domains.

Regards...jmcc

yes i saw this, it explains why B-)
idn .mobi chinese domains
 
0
•••
0
•••
mobi.jpg
 
0
•••
0
•••
"I don't think Charlie will ever get used to these auto-mobiles." pic1.jpg

Times have changed "Charlie"... pic2.png
 

Attachments

  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 108
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
0
•••
The good news is, a few days ago I mobilized Operation Market Garden - a bridge too far - operation market garden.
Regged the .Mobi at Godaddy and used Instant Mobilizer on it. Got a ready score of
2 at ready.mobi after that. Thanks... Instant Mobilizer/MTLD..nice score????

IN ANY CASE..can't someone remove these stand-up comedians from the .MOBI forum? If they
have nothing meaningfull to say and keep posting dumb pics it's a shame for Namepros.
.MOBI ist dead when there are no more developed .MOBI sites out there(Or redirects to .MOBI sites or the other way around)
I am afraid you have to live with it for the rest of your live:hehe:

Btw I can Monitize the site but don't wan't to
 
0
•••
Yeah they should change the name of this subforum to the anti-dotmobi forum.
 
0
•••
01/November/2009 Stats for .mobi (compared to 01/October/2009):
New: 111397
Deleted: 18253
Transfers: 23876

Not quite dead yet. But then the dotCommunists would like to claim that anything other than .com is dead. :)

Regards...jmcc
 
0
•••
"I don't think Charlie will ever get used to these auto-mobiles." pic1.jpg

Times have changed "Charlie"... pic2.png

I'm not sure if the message came across, but this reply (+pics) is pro mobi.
It was a reaction to the mobi coffin picture. :snaphappy:
 
0
•••
1
•••
0
•••
0
•••
That's a cool idea! :wave:


Maybe not so cool anyway.

I have clicked and counted the links and got following statistic:
- a total of 208 .mobi links on the page.
- 71 of them when clicked on redirects to a .com (either a subdomain like m.domainname.com or domainname.com/m/ ; domainname.com/mobi/)
- 36 of them doesnt resolve to anything or doesnt work.

So out of 208 links on that page 107 either redirects or doesnt work. Thats 51,44% of the links.

Following I did not count as it would take me time I dont want to use on this subject:
Many of the 101 .mobi sites working was simple one/two/three page sites with nothing worth visiting the site for.

So maybe it would not be so good idea to link to this site if you are contacting a potential buyer.
 
0
•••
0
•••
there's a boom on mobile phones, so they just need to initiate the mania with a big sale! :) like info sites :D
 
0
•••
Big sale or no big sale.
Nothing can help .mobi specialy with the new features coming next month to .tel
You can not beat simplicity
 
0
•••
I got GuitarLessons.mobi today.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back