Dynadot

domains Infoblox new study - malicious lookalike domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Threat actors have used visually similar domains to deceive users into visiting malicious websites since the advent of the internet. These domains, called lookalike domains, are so synonymous with phishing attacks that security awareness training includes learning to inspect links for them.
However, in spite of awareness campaigns and advances in technology, lookalike domains represent a persistent threat to consumers and organizations, one that actors continually adapt. Everyone is a target; from consumers to governments, from major retail brands to small restaurants, from world-renowned technology companies to lesser-known ones like ours.

In this paper, you’ll see that “everyone is a target” with examples of real domains and campaigns.

infblx.png

read more ( PDF)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hah... Ironically, the domain that's hosting the PDF is blocked by my tracker/ad blocker (PiHole). I don't know why yet but it's mildly humourous...

•••
Hah... Ironically, the domain that's hosting the PDF is blocked by my tracker/ad blocker (PiHole). I don't know why yet but it's mildly humourous...

Ok, Download / view attached PDF bellow

Attachments

• infoblo.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
•••
Ok, Download / view attached PDF bellow
Thank you. I also did not intend my comment to be critical. Just a funny observation :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back