IT.COM

Selling I'm really sad...

NameSilo
Watch

zcheridan

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I own a domain called zero.xyz. I"ve been using it to prepare for the next 3 coming Olympics.
You might have seen it make impressions on TWITCH.TV and YOUTUBE LIVE
promoting KIM YUNA as well as other aspects of the the Olympics Korea 2018 Promotional Shorts.

A couple weeks ago, I checked the renewal price which will be on January 2nd. GoDaddy says it is a premium domain and as such is 3.2K. I only have ZLZO.COM & ZLZO.CO to sell, and I don't want to be pressure into selling it for a low cost as I believe the old school TLD's might have better flavor in the next 10 years. I know I under budgeted... I hope namepros community can help me out little~,

Sincerely,
Z
How much was the original registration and was it considered "PREMIUM" at the time of registration?

•••
•••
:)

Last edited:
•••
I don't know either~
Thanks for replying.
Yes it was premium at the time of registration
I hate to break it to you, but that domain is worth zero in that case.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I don't know either~
Thanks for replying.
Yes it was premium at the time of registration

So you knew this was coming up? $3,200 to renew this? That's insane.

Last edited:
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
Did you pay $3.2k when you first regged this name??

•••
Yeah, I thought it was $2200... but with Christmas and some unplanned events it is becoming difficult.
Thanks for talking!

I can renew 377 .coms for that 1 .xyz. Sucks but long term maybe a good thing. I would move on from this domain and any with those crazy renewals.

•••
Transfer the domain out of GD. Shop around and find the registrar with the cheapest premium renewal for your NGTLD....it will most like be Namesilo so I suggest you check there first.

•••

Last edited:
•••
In 365 days, you will the face the exact same problem......

•••
Drop it like a hot potato.

You paid a high end user price for it. Usually you only do that once, not yearly. Its nothing but a cash draining liability. You can get better names for 3k.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the sentiments! :)

•••
The only one a registration like this is good for is the registry.

You can buy a very good .COM for the same price then pay under $9/year to renew it.

Brad

•••
My friend wanted me to mention that I've had over 25m in less than a month. impressions under zero.xyz as 0XYZ. Such as OLYMPICS.0XYZ which you guys should check out on olympics.zero.xyz ~

I can't suddenly drop it either... it is rather unbrandable. But I'm really thankful for the support and advice you guys gave on such a short notice.

If anyone wants to buy ZLZO.COM or ZLZO.CO for a premium price or trade for it such that I can sell something else easily on FLIPPA or SEDO, please inquire :) Thank you~

Last edited:
•••
If these are really the hand registration and renewal fees for these xyz domains they are money pit traps.

I’m not sure I follow you but zero.xyz is not the same as 0xyz. But if you’re convinced your name is that great then you should maintain it. I don’t see the difference between paying 2200 or 3200 if you’re ready to pay one why not pay the other.

Xyz has been around for - what? over 3 years. Has it done that well?

Last edited:
•••
The xyz registry recommends a renewal price of $3,000, so you may be able to save a few hundred by shopping around. $3,000 sounds a bit expensive to me though, but then I'm dropping xyz names because they want almst $10 for my renewals.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Kuffy! Thanks for checking for me, I've been able to find for $2500.
I was actually hoping to get information on any registrar's that might offset the cost since I'm willing to work on engineering on the propogation of name serving. But it seems that (from what you said, and that's why I said thanks~ ) it is a price set by something on the high level of ICANN itself.
I should probably go ask them, in fact I'll probably e-mail them right now.

Thanks XY, It has been doing well as I am able to withstand a high conversion rate that the trademark 0XYZ is a #XYZ version of Alphabet XYZ.

•••
You encourage me. I own xyz1.com, and I've never really done anythng with it. Maybe it's time I used it.

On another note - I've got 17 xyz names, and I'm backing away from them. Some have expired if you want them - names like betbitcoins.xyz and buyany.xyz. send me a pm if you want them.

•••
don't give up! what happens when they expire?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back