NameSilo

If you wanna make money from your website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ixix

Think for yourselfEstablished Member
Impact
if you wanna make money from your website make sure you have a solid web host on your side - not some guy out to fill his wallet!

I wasn't sure where to put this regarding my experience with my last web host...web hosting discussion or the scam alert section. But then i figured that maybe i just a bit foolish, and that guy was just plain incompetent, not a scammer, so i decided to post this here instead....if the mods feel that this should be placed in the scam section, so be it.

I am refering to a site called e-marketerpro.com, aka online-net-business.com, aka BestPayPro.com

Some time in October, i came across this offer. now, the sales page has changed quitea bit from when i signed up, but here's basically what i was promised

First And Foremost, You'll Have A Competent, Extremely Hard Working PHP and Windows Programmer Working On These Ideas and Software For You Around The Clock. If you've ever hired a good programmer before, then I need not say more.

Next, But Not Second, You'll Have A Competent and Hard Working Marketer Researching and Finding Hot Niche Markets To Develope Software For You To Sell, And Make Thousands Of Dollars Per Year From.

Turnkey Business Kits Will Get You Started Almost Instantly In These New Niche Businesses Each and Ever Month.

Each Business Kit Contains...

Complete and Ready To Use Web Sales Page - Just add your name, order details and links, and you're ready to start selling right away.

New Software Package each and every month with private label rights valued between $497.00 - $1200.00 and more. These scripts and programs ARE NOT your typical junk you see all over the web. I create and program these myself, and with a friend of mine who's been programming for years. We refuse to release junk, and have our good names mared!

PHP & Windows Applications will be available for you to download instantly and start profiting from, or re-work them into your very own personal software products that you can sell.

You Receive Private Label Rights to all software and programs released! That literally means that you can re-work these programs, reface them, whatever you like, and call them your own.

You Recieve A Hosting Account on one of my servers. You can use this account to create your own niche business websites or even sell hosting to your own customers and clients if you like. Each resellers account comes with 1400MB of disk space, and 30GB of band width each month. ($24.95 Value)

An Insiders Look at current, in development software, and first hand testing experience if you so desire. This is great for you, and allows you to have some input into how the end products are released and developed. (You won't find this in other membership sites!)

All Unaltered and Complete Source Code will be available to you, and ready for you to edit to your own liking. Quickly and easily re-brand the software and scripts with your own graphics, and company name.

and, lastly

But Wait! That's Still Not Enough...

And just to make sure that you have absolutely everything you need to be a success online, I am also going to toss in free access to the BestPayPro Internet Marketing System! ($67.00 Monthly Value!)

What is the BestPayPro Internet Marketing System?... The BestPayPro system is a complete marketing system completely loaded with every tool you'll need to market your online business with the greatest of ease.

The BestPayPro system comes complete with the following programs:

Complete Shopping Cart System
Complete Affiliate Tracking System
Advertising Tracking System
Email Auto-Responder System
Automated Customer Download Center
Completely Hosted On Our Servers
And Much, Much More...
NOTE: The BestPayPro System Will Be Available To Members On Nov. 30th, 2005

Now, when i signed up it was only 47 dollars a month, and at that time, i thought, wow what a bargain. Not for the resale software crap, but for the reseller account plus this new shopping cart system "Best Pay Pro" he touted.
side note, i figured that spending 47/month for hosting and an all in one shopping cart was a good deal. What it doesn't tell you is that Best Pay Pro isn't completed, i waited 3 months too long to find out that it'll probably be 9 months before it's up and running w/no complications.

but that's besides the point....Here's what the guy really offered:

* A resellers account comes with 1400MB of disk space, and 30GB of band width, but initially no support, after many complaints and threats the hosting support is now covered by his wife.

* Crappy ebooks downloadable from limewire or ebay.

* An overwhelmed "programer", that bit off more than he could chew, posting "reworked" versions of older scripts...sorry, surprise, these one of a kind just for member programs were not originals. excuse after excuse after excuse.

* The 2 "good" programs that were re dos of his work .... were somewhat decent are not for resale.

* A non existent service called "BestPayPro" wich is really a reworked version of "QuickPayPro" (found on ebay for a penny)

* a sales page that keeps changing, promising xyz, then abc, then blah blah blah....

After a month of no cutting edge software, i started to kick myself for making stupid decision, but i guess the straw that broke the camels back was when all of my websites went off line for 24 hours, and then when my sites DID decide to repear, it was a two month old version of what i had up....yes folks, that means our genius programer backed up the server two months ago. I lost back links, and traffic, and affiliate sales...my websites went down the week of christmas.

In investigating further, i found that others were angry with Mr. php pro, and would post their complaints on his free forum (which is now down...surprise surprise) ...but then he'd change they're posts and "re word" it so that they wouldn't damage his repuation.

so, i guess the point of this post is to warn others

* not to buy web hosting from a clickbank style sales add
* don't be a web host if you don't have the time for support
* if it sounds too good to be true....it is

i'm sure there's more...i'll add later

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow dude... that seriously seems like a scam.. Did you do a search for reviews on him??..

•••
Well, I find this post to be absolutely appalling, and I think it is an extremely
bad day in our society when I have to stop what I'm doing to come here and
defend my wife and two children from even more tyranny than we deal with
on a daily bases from our own government now as it is!

First off, let me just say that YOU did receive a FULL refund of your money,
so let's just drop the whole SCAM issue right now.

In fact, I even paid you more than I had to, as this is a joint venture, and I
covered the money for the second membership to WebProfitSchool that you
were not going to receive anyway, but I'm not one to hold people up if they
feel they're not happy with our products and services.

Amazing isn't it, I actually only make $23.50 per membership, and have to
cover the cost of two servers for the members, as well as work 14-17 hours
per day so YOU as a member could benefit without having to do all of these
things on your own, and pay an ungodly amount of money. Not to mention
the fact that the software and programs available inside of the membership
are in fact MINE, and not some reworked stuff as you have mentioned.

Sure, there are other programs in the membership, but if you couldn't find
my personal releases, don't call my programs junk, I spend many hours beta
testing, and creating very useful scripts and programs for the members they
can sell and make money from.

In fact, this months release is available, have a look for yourself:
http://mini-cms.com/
BTW, that is a members website, not mine.

Yes Isis, you did have a deal of a lifetime, but you blow it... But don't start
cruising the Internet posting scam reports and trying to destroy the only
life my wife and children have.

This is my business, and it's what I do for a living, so I'd appreciate it if you'd
take your refunded money and get on with your life instead of trying to
destroy my family's life.

And just for your information, BestPayPro is in fact open to members who are
now beta testing the program to make sure it's working properly (I did kindly
ask for your patience in this matter), as well as the second reseller hosting
account, which I'd like you to find anywhere else on the Internet for this
price, or any price for that matter!

Also, I'd like to bring to everyone's attention that reads this post to our new
ticket system as well at: http://www.online-net-business.com/tickets/

Hardly sounds like a person or company that is planning to "scam" you or
anyone else for that matter.

I've also been involved with the Internet Warrior group for some time now, so
if you have any questions about whether I'm a scam artist or not, I'm sure
you could ask them, and they will respond to you with their experience of me.
http://www.WarriorForum/forum/

Also, if you haven't noticed, I also make my phone number available to the
entire planet, in fact here it is again: 937-558-2417 Between 9am & 5pm EST.

The bottom line is this...

Yes, I have to do all of this work by myself, and I am at times a little slow to
respond or get something updated, but I do get it done! So what? I do it to
give many, many people the chance at building an online business that
otherwise would never be able to do so, and I do it at a price that is
absolutely unheard of.

And YES, I could simply create these scripts and programs, upload them to
my site, and sell them for $100+ each. But, I'm not geared that way, I want
to give what God has blessed me with to help others that can't program or
figure out how to do it themselves.

So, is that so bad?... Well, I guess it is according to you.

And I can tell you this!

It's this kind of crap on the Internet that is destroying other peoples lives that
makes it harder and harder each day for me to continue on trying to help.

You requested a refund - YOU RECEIVED A REFUND

What have I done so wrong that I deserve to be called a scam artist?

Patrick

•••
Well well well, this is a surprise! This post was a review of your service....or...a lack of. Being a frequent member of this forum, i felt it was necessary to post my experience with this 'system'.

My points were 100% accurate, and the fact of the matter was not that you are doing this '100% by yourself'...but that your couldn't keep up with all the things you promised. This post was just a warning to others in the community.

<<* A resellers account comes with 1400MB of disk space, and 30GB of band width, but initially no support, after many complaints and threats the hosting support is now covered by his wife.>>

I'm sorry, where's the attack on your wife? Or your kids for that matter? Do you have a child named 1400MB Disk Space or 30 GB Bandwith? Did or did you not post on your forum that you were so overwhelmed with your projects that customer service was to be handled by your wife?

I'm sorry Pat, unlike your forums, you can't delete or edit the posts of unhappy customers. If you want to go into buisness, you're gonna have to learn to listen to unhappy customers. You could have really let this go and let me speak my mind and opinion...but your ranting now just furthers my point. Thanx! :D

As i stated in the start of my post, i couldn't tell if you were a scam artist or plain incompetent...now i'm starting think along the lines of the latter.
And...I doubt that you're gonna be losing any business either, there are millions of others that won't be reading you have a tendency to promise more than you can deliver. And the things you promise seem to change from week to week.

As for the 'refund' it was a partial refund I had invested roughly $141 in the course of 3 months. I only requested for that last month's payment.

and one more point,

my initial frustration stemmed from primarily your hosting 'service'. My sites were down for almost 2 and a half days without any word as to issues with the server. And when my sites did come back online, they were roughly a month and a half old. No emails explaining what happened, no support ticket, no support system (except for your wife)

I had no idea that my sites were down or that they were older backups untill i started getting waves of emails from my link partners saying my sites were being removed because i was no longer linking to them. Traffic along with Adsense revenue dropped

And that was the hole point of the post to begin with. If you are into making money from your websites, pick a web host that is solid web company with a good. Not from some person that has bitten off more than they can chew, that has promised everything under the sun, and can't take customer criticism.

<<It's this kind of crap on the Internet that is destroying other peoples lives that
makes it harder and harder each day for me to continue on trying to help.>>

It's called word of mouth advertising. If you do a bad job, people are going to voice their concerns. and that is the beauty of the internet --- i'm sorry that my little opinion post destroyed your 'hard' work...cuz your lack of service hurt mine -- sheesh!

•••
Patrick_M said:

Patrick
Patrick
My Two Cents .
If Good Service and Support is always provided ,
NO REFUNDS need ever to be Requested.

•••
Barefoottech said:
Patrick
My Two Cents .
If Good Service and Support is always provided ,
NO REFUNDS need ever to be Requested.

I totally agree, and the harsh tone in your voice in response to what you told ISIS is not good customer service.

The only thing that should have came out of your mouth was "I am sorry you were disappointed in our service is there anything I can do take me things right"

and left it at that.

Talking about ruining your family is very inappropriate, and if your service is that great, you won't have to worry about one person posting bad reviews, you should have several people posting good reviews.

So what are you worried about?

That post will put you in a bad situation with everyone who reads the remarks you made. You wouldn't go to a restaraunt and tell the server you had bad service and then get chewed out by the server that felt you were actually the rude one.

I think the best thing you could do would be to delete your reply, tell her your sorry, and that if there is anything you can do to let you know.

That's proper customer service!

Last edited:
•••
Patrick_M said:
Well, I find this post to be absolutely appalling, and I think it is an extremely
bad day in our society when I have to stop what I'm doing to come here and
defend my wife and two children from even more tyranny than we deal with
on a daily bases from our own government now as it is!

First off, let me just say that YOU did receive a FULL refund of your money,
so let's just drop the whole SCAM issue right now.

In fact, I even paid you more than I had to, as this is a joint venture, and I
covered the money for the second membership to WebProfitSchool that you
were not going to receive anyway, but I'm not one to hold people up if they
feel they're not happy with our products and services.

Amazing isn't it, I actually only make $23.50 per membership, and have to
cover the cost of two servers for the members, as well as work 14-17 hours
per day so YOU as a member could benefit without having to do all of these
things on your own, and pay an ungodly amount of money. Not to mention
the fact that the software and programs available inside of the membership
are in fact MINE, and not some reworked stuff as you have mentioned.

Sure, there are other programs in the membership, but if you couldn't find
my personal releases, don't call my programs junk, I spend many hours beta
testing, and creating very useful scripts and programs for the members they
can sell and make money from.

In fact, this months release is available, have a look for yourself:
http://mini-cms.com/
BTW, that is a members website, not mine.

Yes Isis, you did have a deal of a lifetime, but you blow it... But don't start
cruising the Internet posting scam reports and trying to destroy the only
life my wife and children have.

This is my business, and it's what I do for a living, so I'd appreciate it if you'd
take your refunded money and get on with your life instead of trying to
destroy my family's life.

Also, I'd like to bring to everyone's attention that reads this post to our new
ticket system as well at: http://www.online-net-business.com/tickets/

Hardly sounds like a person or company that is planning to "scam" you or
anyone else for that matter.

I've also been involved with the Internet Warrior group for some time now, so
if you have any questions about whether I'm a scam artist or not, I'm sure
you could ask them, and they will respond to you with their experience of me.
http://www.WarriorForum/forum/

Also, if you haven't noticed, I also make my phone number available to the
entire planet, in fact here it is again: 937-558-2417 Between 9am & 5pm EST.

The bottom line is this...

Yes, I have to do all of this work by myself, and I am at times a little slow to
respond or get something updated, but I do get it done! So what? I do it to
give many, many people the chance at building an online business that
otherwise would never be able to do so, and I do it at a price that is
absolutely unheard of.

And YES, I could simply create these scripts and programs, upload them to
my site, and sell them for $100+ each. But, I'm not geared that way, I want
to give what God has blessed me with to help others that can't program or
figure out how to do it themselves.

So, is that so bad?... Well, I guess it is according to you.

And I can tell you this!

It's this kind of crap on the Internet that is destroying other peoples lives that
makes it harder and harder each day for me to continue on trying to help.

Patrick

It's cr@ppy get rich quick scams that are ruining the internet. The fact of the matter is that when i signed up for the service in mid october, half of the things promised weren't out yet..... however, nowhere did you mention this in the sales add. When you say that you will get a,b,and c everymonth with your order, buyers are going to expect a, b, and c. For example, the fact that bestpaypro..or whatever it's called... is out now in mid january for beta testing...when it was supposed to be available as a complete program in october is unacceptable.

it is better to under promise and over deliver, imo. that 47$ something per month price tag is too much for 1/2 assed service and lousy attitudes...,

:yell:

1,2,3 reseller hosting accounts...what's the point if there's not a solid customer service at the other end? I got a great deal w/polurnet.com, and they are there 24-7 for me if there's a problem...you're busy and overwhelmed w/last months project...

Last edited:
•••
Hmm... funny how he never mentioned about when you said about him copying scripts and rebranding them as his own.

Prehaps he pasted that post into several complaint threads?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back