Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Hyphenated domains

Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
795
Are hyphenated domains worth buying ? I kinda convinced myself that they would not be worth anywhere near as much as their unhyphenated equivilents but have recently discovered a few that have sold for big money !? Thoughts ?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I think so too. Its not worth buying except for 3letters or lower.
 
0
•••
Not worth buying IMO
 
0
•••
They're nobody's first choice, so not much less resale value.
 
0
•••
I tend to also stay away from hypenated domains, unless they are superbly brand-able. Like maybe just for example something like new-york.com or something like that.
 
0
•••
Did think that they were probably best avoided but having done some research, i've come across a few that have sold for good/big money. As you say, I guess it's very much dependent onthe name.
 
0
•••
The only time I consider hyphenated domains is the the spelling of the phrase is acceptable with the hyphen such as check-in, runner-up, part-time, follow-up, etc.
 
0
•••
Unless the name is for German/Dutch market, hyphen will reduce the value by 50-100 times.

So the phrase has to be of such a high value that even 1/50-1/100 of it is still good money.

For example, Auto-Insurance, Check-up, Home-Mortgage, Car-Loan etc.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back