Dynadot

How would you value this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello All,

Here's a question. I am considering purchasing a domain that has these characteristics:

It is a 3-letter .com domain. It is composed of all quality letters (no j, k, q, u, v, x, y, z). It has an overture of about 200 with extension. According to the owners stats (using a quality and reputable ppc parking program), the name generates a consistant $2k a year in income. I would imagine the name could have many good end-user possibilities.

What would you value such a name? I'm trying to figure if the price is right or not. I know the rule of thumb is 3 years income, but this one is also a good 3-letter domain and that's worth something on its own (regardless of income).

Your replies are appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrew

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
depends on the extension

•••
•••
•••
could be quite high then again depends on the actul combo yay sum1 quoted me :lol:

•••
dx3k said:
could be quite high then again depends on the actul combo yay sum1 quoted me :lol:

i will also quote you! thats is because your right LOL :)

do you want to post what the domain is exactly?

•••
where is it getting 2k yearly income from? Just parking?

•••
Income is from just parking only. I do not know of any other source. I would likely continue to use it for parking purposes as well.

I'd like to refrain from posting the domain at this time.

Thanks,
Andrew

•••
well i would buy it if you have the money

•••
Personally I exclude k and v from the list of 'bad' letters.

Since you mention that the domain generates $2k from PPC a year, it would not be odd for the seller to ask for $10k to $16k.

If you plan to use the domain and not park it, then essentially you sacrifice its value (and selling price) for whatever purpose you need it.

•••
Also depends on whether the name is an acronym which might be of interest to one or more potential end users with deep pockets.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back