IT.COM

How To Optimize Flash Websites.?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

borgninestallone

Account Closed
Impact
Hi everyone, i recently got one client site for optimization. I checked with that site and find to be site is full of flash. It is a complete flash website. I heard that Google will not index a site which is full of flash.

What i have to do in order to get flash site to rank in search engines. Is it possible to get flash website to rank for the highly targeted keywords?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In my case, I only use the ALT tags to insert KWs in flash sites.

•••
Flashy websites are never optimized in SEO. Search Engines never index flashy content so if SEO for such website is required one needs to go in for HTML Version of the website which would help index the page better.

•••
Website external optimization.

Can you elaborate what is EXTERNAL Optimization?

•••
Yeah.. most of webmasters were thinking like that Google wont index the flash sites. But now its completely changed. Flash is just another file type like PDF, DOC and all. may be it takes a more time to index than other sites. As usual, we can do SEO like for normal sites.

•••
But as far as I know they already released steps on how to market these sites.

•••
as far as i know search engine only crawls texts in any website, but if its not, please do share :)

•••
1.Optimize your flash file
2.show html version of content for search engines.

•••
Unfortunately, Flash is not very SEO-friendly. I'd advise minimizing Flash, and making good use of meta tags. I love Flash myself, but it just isn't good for SEO.

•••
Images in a website or in a blog post is a good idea to make it look more enticing as well as flash movies. However it is hard to optimize a website with flash movies cause Google spiders hardly understands it, spiders can't index flash movies as they only read simple/plain text.

•••
In the index.html page that contains the flash file you can add keywords and description and meta tags. That will at least get some information about your site up there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back