Dynadot

advice How to do a Domain Traffic Test - Assembling the Data

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
When I was speaking at NamesCon in January I said that I would like to show the attendees the best computer game I’ve ever played. It has all the aspects of both a tactical and strategic game with a bit of time travel for good measure. Everyone leaned forward with expectation…
2e1ax_protostar_entry_20150227_excel.jpg
I then put Excel up on the big screen in the room. It’s safe to say there was a bit of laughter. Let’s think about it for a second, Excel allows us to answer questions about the performance of our domains like no other application can. We can view the past, compare it to the present and even predict the future.
Right now we are going to mobilise the data that we have arrayed from the previous articles in the series so that we can understand what is happening with our domain traffic. This will be a VERY high level view of our traffic test but I believe that it will help get some answers to our questions.
Make sure you check the DNS settings of EVERY domain in the test so that domains not pointed correctly can be removed. There’s no point in penalising a test by having domains with baseline data and no data from the testing source.
Full Article: http://whizzbangsblog.com/index.php...n-traffic-test-assembling-the-data?Itemid=473

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An excellent share. Although, it might be a little to complicated for those who aren't part of the seminar/webinar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back