Dynadot

How much traffic is a lot?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey guys - here's a question. What do you consider a decent amount of daily traffic for a typo domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For a typo domain? A decent amount I would say is 20-30 unique hits a day. Over 50+ is very nice for a typo domain, IMHO.

•••
I think it depends on how good of a typo it is, but I agree with ApeXX. Normally if you own the .com of a .net or a different extension, then the traffic can be a lot more.

Tom

•••
Enough to pay for the domain through parking.
Typically speaking, I expect at least a 5% CTR (Usually more, sometimes less if expired traffic instead of type-ins).
If I'm planning on .15 a click (Assuming not "poker" or "lawyer" or "plasma" keyword or similar ;) ), then I'll need about 40 clicks.
At a 5% CTR, I'll need 800 uniques over the course of a year to pay for the domain.
Anything above that is purely gravy :)

Worked out for me thus far, at least!

-Allan :gl:

•••
IMO around 30+ for a typo is very good. Over 5 is worthwhile.

•••
Id reg any typo that got over 30+ type ins monthly :]

•••
Msgdiscovery.com get 50 Thousand unique visits per day, and more than half a million a month :D

•••
Zukus said:
Msgdiscovery.com get 50 Thousand unique visits per day, and more than half a million a month :D

At 50,000 a day you would have 1.5 million visitors each month. Are you sure about those numbers?

•••
That would be too good to be true, IMHO

•••
um he is not joking, I host the site :hehe: want a screen shot of the stats lol

•••
What is msgdiscovery a typo for? Expired traffic?

Geez...nice PPC opportunity there... :)

One question though... 50,000 uniques a day times 30 days would be 1.5 million uniques... So you mean that some daily uniques (A lot of daily uniques, to the tune of 1 million or so) are repeat visitors?

-Allan :gl:

•••
scribby said:
um he is not joking, I host the site :hehe: want a screen shot of the stats lol

Yeah please post a screenshot, Thanks!

- SW

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back