IT.COM

status-resolved How does one find out what post was deleted

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
So I have a question...

I had 100 posts and asked an admin to delete one which brought it down to 99.
Overnight the count moved to 98

If I did not get a notice is there any way to find out if a post was deleted and why?

Not really a big deal but I try very hard not to break any rules and I certainly am never inflammatory nor dor I ever attack or talk poorly about other members. In fact I make it a point in my life to be courteous to everyone.

I used to own a few forums myself and had one with over 10k members so I know the deal.
Was just kind of curious if nP notifies when a post is deleted.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...Was just kind of curious if nP notifies when a post is deleted.
Yes. They do. Had numerous posts removed for different reasons. Nothing notorious. Received an alert every time, usually with a brief explanation of the reason for removal.

•••
Hello,

If you weren't notified about a deleted post, it's probably because a moderator forgot to click the notify checkbox or accidentally clicked it twice (Which unchecked it).

Our forum software doesn't provide a way for members to know exactly which post was deleted, but you can contact support and we'll be happy to let you know.

Hope that helps,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back