Dynadot

How did 1and1.com wipe their BBB rating?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last time I checked 1and1.com had an F rating with the better business bureau and a dirty laundry list of unresolved complaints. Can anyone talk any more on this? I hate this company with a passion. For those of you who don't recall their BBB rating. Here is was as of June 2009

According to:

BBB of Washington DC & Eastern PA: BBB Reliability Report

This is not a BBB accredited business. BBB Rating F

Reasons for this rating include:

* Number of complaints filed against business
* Failure to respond to complaints filed against business
* Number of complaints filed against business that were unresolved
* Overall complaint history with BBB

Company Name and Information:

1 And 1 Internet, Inc.
Phone:

(877) 461-2631
Address:

701 Lee Road, Suite-300, Chesterbrook, PA 19087

Business Category:

Internet Services
eMail:

[email address]
BBB file opened:

December 31, 2003
Business started:

May 2003
Business started locally:

May 2003
Primary Contact:

Mr. Thomas Vollrath (CEO)
Complaint Contact:

Mr. Sebastian Moser (Head of Customer Care)
Other Contacts:

Mr. David Heiser
Mr. Richard Winslow (Customer Care Team Leader)

Customer Complaint History:

The company's size, volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by the BBB. The complaints filed against a company may not be as important as the type of complaints, and how the company has handled them. The BBB generally does not pass judgment on the validity of complaints filed.

Number of complaints processed by the BBB
in the last 36 months: 732
in the last 12 months: 313

Complaints Concerned:

Selling Practices (55 complaints)
50 Resolved
3 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve
2 Company did not respond

Advertising Issues (18 complaints)
15 Resolved
3 Unresolved

Service Issues (122 complaints)
106 Resolved
4 Unresolved
7 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve
5 Company did not respond
Customer Service Issues (2 complaints)
1 Resolved
1 Unresolved

Credit or Billing Disputes (370 complaints)
321 Resolved
24 Unresolved
10 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve
15 Company did not respond

Delivery Issues (16 complaints)
16 Resolved

Refund Practices (60 complaints)
57 Resolved
2 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve
1 Company did not respond

Product Quality (21 complaints)
20 Resolved
1 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve

Contract Disputes (38 complaints)
32 Resolved
1 Unresolved
3 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve

Guarantee or Warranty Issues (16 complaints)
14 Resolved
1 Company made every reasonable effort to resolve
1 Company did not respond

Repair Issues (14 complaints)
12 Resolved

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe they're under review. It would be quite suspect to let them have a clean slate (though, I suppose, anything can be done with money or with lawyers). Assuming they got one, it will be quite interesting to see if they can keep a clean record this time around.

•••
Maybe they're under review. It would be quite suspect to let them have a clean slate (though, I suppose, anything can be done with money or with lawyers). Assuming they got one, it will be quite interesting to see if they can keep a clean record this time around.

Highly doubt it. The only reason I came across this new development is because one of my friends unfortunately got sucked into their marketing scheme and now is having to fight them tooth and nail to do such simple things such as change nameservers on a domain. I have an eerie feeling they haven't changed too much.

•••
I think they might have some agreement with BBB rating company? onto reverse their ratings?

•••
have some agreement with BBB rating company

Yeah, it can be. I suppose that somehow dealt with BBB rating company.

•••
Glad to see BBB rating works! but how come just now?

p.s. sedo n 1&1 is owned by one company

•••
Yeh I emailed BBB and they said they wiped it clean because 1 and 1 was willing to work with the BBB to raise their rating. WTF? I definitely believe an exchange of money or sexual favors was involved

•••
I totally got out of company once I realized that their business model was not for me. Moving domain from 1&1 to another registrar was such a pain in the arse and very time consuming.

•••
I totally got out of company once I realized that their business model was not for me. Moving domain from 1&1 to another registrar was such a pain in the arse and very time consuming.

and that is what the BBB rating is for. To warn potential customers of their shady past. Good grief how long does a collections or a felony or ticket hang around for the average person. I wish I could just promise I'd be better next time and have these agencies kindly wipe my record away

•••
Hello,

BBB has a record of increasing ratings on people that are accredited, such as disney used to have an F and after they paid to be accredited they had an A. Just check the news about it, they apologized to the world about it.

After that I would not trust BBB anymore.

•••
Money solves anything. We can only hope that both companies paid through their nose for it then.

•••
Well i think their bad customer support hit their repute badly.

•••
Yeh I emailed BBB and they said they wiped it clean because 1 and 1 was willing to work with the BBB to raise their rating. WTF? I definitely believe an exchange of money or sexual favors was involved

If this in fact true this is a complete disgrace.

It is this type of criminal behaviour which helped bring on the financial crisis.

I would not recommend anyone use any of the companies mentioned in this thread.

•••
I think that it's possible that some 1 & 1 staff, and Sedo staff have merged, which is why I think Sedo is no longer what it was a few years ago. BUT, Money does talk.
I lost all the domain names I had registered with 1 & 1 a few years ago.
I think that most people here at Namepros know to stay away; but they must still be picking up a lot of new clients to keep them going.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
There are a few hosting companies who are ver arrogant in their business practices including in their website promotion. The funny thing is that those are among the biggest on the market. If anyone would judge about unfair trade practices anyone would close Yahoo a few years ago when they announced "unlimited disc space" hosting.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back