IT.COM

Hosting multiple sites with GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hey guys,

How do I host multiple sites with one Godaddy account?

I have 2 domains with one account.
I have the first primary domain which is developed. But now I uploaded content for my second site and now my primary domain has the same content as my second one :yell:

Btw, both are Wordpress sites, installed through Godaddy.

How do I solve this?

I contacted Godaddy, but they're weren't useful at all.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
are you allowed to have add-on domains on your current hosting package?

•••
Create different FTP accounts for both of them

•••
shockie said:
are you allowed to have add-on domains on your current hosting package?
Yes, you can add domains.
microvps said:
Create different FTP accounts for both of them

I have different FTP accounts which I upload to:

-ftp.site1.com
-ftp.site2.com

•••
The support team is only hope now. Try call them if they are not helpful with tickets.

•••
I'm not sure about their control panel, but typically you tie an addon domain to a folder which serves as your base directory.

•••
go to settings --> domain management

Add the domain and choose the folder to be the domain's base dir.
But, you cant do this on the Economy hosting.

•••
Do not forget create new FTP for the domain name. That is important for security related issues

•••
So have you got that issue solved?

•••
CrazyTech said:
I'm not sure about their control panel, but typically you tie an addon domain to a folder which serves as your base directory.
Bayu said:
go to settings --> domain management

Add the domain and choose the folder to be the domain's base dir.
But, you cant do this on the Economy hosting.
Thanks guys, it was actually quite simple to do. Rep on the way!

SiberForum said:
Do not forget create new FTP for the domain name. That is important for security related issues
Do mean instead of: ftp.myoriginalsite.com , change it to another name??
Pls explain, thanks!
~ServerPoint~ said:
So have you got that issue solved?
I have, thanks!

•••
You know you may use multiple domain hosting with innohosting.com and have never issues with them. The company provides stable and rock-solid hosting services and you will never have such like problems with them.

•••
glad that you solved your problem.

you can repead the same steps on your domain manager. Point the domain name to the suitable directory next time you want add on another domain name on hosting account.

•••
you can host your domains but the contents of your sites hosted with Blogger.com. One domain can also have 99 subdomains under Godaddy. You can save hosting this way. But it's not Wordpress.

•••
If you are still looking for reliable hosting provider, I can recommend you to have a look at gazzin.com, hostgator.com and a2hosting.com - check their web hosting offers and choose the best for you as they allow to host multiple domain names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back