Dynadot

status-resolved High bidder's account gets auto-closed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nomen

Top Member
Impact
In a situation where high bidder's account gets auto-closed during the auction, what is the correct course of action? The bidder won auctions and still is the highest bidder for a couple of auctions.

Regarding the multi-auction in my sig.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Regrettably, sometimes accounts get closed for various reasons. When this happens and they are a high bidder in an auction, their bid becomes void for security reasons. Sadly, the next highest bidder is no longer bound to their bid since they were technically outbid, however, you may contact the 2nd highest bidder and offer the domain at the price they bid. It's up to them whether they wish to accept or decline. If they should decline, you can relist your domain for auction again.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

•••
@Eric Lyon Is this the case for both already closed auction and still ongoing auction?

•••
@Eric Lyon Is this the case for both already closed auction and still ongoing auction?
Can you link me to the auctions you are referring to please? If the high bidders account was closed and the auction is over, then my above comment is valid. however, if a high bidders account was closed, but the auction has not ended yet, then they are not the winning bidder at all and the auction is still ongoing.

Sellers may not close their auctions early.

•••
Can you link me to the auctions you are referring to please? If the high bidders account was closed and the auction is over, then my above comment is valid. however, if a high bidders account was closed, but the auction has not ended yet, then they are not the winning bidder at all and the auction is still ongoing.

Sellers may not close their auctions early.

The auction @ my signature. Both cases there. I already assumed that the auction goes back to second highest bidder's bid.

•••
Asking because as you said, technically the second highest bidder was outbid.

•••
Asking because as you said, technically the second highest bidder was outbid.
If the auction has not ended, then there is no winner with a high bid. There's still time for more bids. If a new bid comes in before the auction ends, they will be the high bidder and bound to the purchase agreement. If no more bids come in before the auction closes, my above comment (Seen below) is valid:
Regrettably, sometimes accounts get closed for various reasons. When this happens and they are a high bidder in an auction, their bid becomes void for security reasons. Sadly, the next highest bidder is no longer bound to their bid since they were technically outbid, however, you may contact the 2nd highest bidder and offer the domain at the price they bid. It's up to them whether they wish to accept or decline. If they should decline, you can relist your domain for auction again.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.
I hope that helps clarify a bit more.

•••
Added note: When an auction ends and the winning bidder's account is closed, you can report the thread and a moderator can post an official extension time in the auction thread.

Please let me know if you need further assistance once your auction closes.

Thanks,

•••
Perhaps we should take into account that someone who was outbid during the auction may have allocated their resources in other opportunities ;)

•••
@Eric Lyon What are you doing? First you cancel my auction altogether, and now you open it again. In the f&#$ing meantime I already offered those domains for discounted prices to the high bidders.

•••
why was tropical domains account closed, this person bid me up in a lot of auctions? They were extremely active, I am not sure what they did, but it would be good to know so we can keep an eye out for it int he future.

•••
@Eric Lyon What are you doing?
Update: After further review, it appears that this auction falls under our "Invalid Bids" policy and must be handled according to our standard procedure for invalid bids.

Please refer to my post for more details here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/bi...ller-com-chargerinc-com.1010888/#post-6095811

Now that there are no bids, you can either close the auction or continue with it, inviting bidders to participate again.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

•••
•••
why was tropical domains account closed, this person bid me up in a lot of auctions? They were extremely active, I am not sure what they did, but it would be good to know so we can keep an eye out for it int he future.
@TropicalDomains is @BrandXDomains and failed to honor two agreements, resulting in account closure and account restriction, respectively.

So incredibly great.
I understand that it's an inconvenience and not the desired outcome, but it's vital to the integrity of our marketplace that we do not allow other bidders to be influenced (Bid up) by invalid bids.

I hope you understand,

•••
@Eric Lyon No problemos, chief. Just turned into a total s&#%show because every time you made a move, I PM'd the second high bidders back and forth, cancelled, reopened etc. Of course, not your fault in any way, just that I was too quick to react to the development of events.

I'll post a chain of events from my perspective later because it's rather funny. Now I sleep...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back