Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Hiding H1 not working

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

johnt13

New Member
Impact
0
Hiding H1 not working [SOLVED]

NEEDED TO PUT # instead of DOT

I have tried display: none and visibilty: none and neither are working.
Code:
#headline {
position:absolute;
left:300px;
top:55px;
width:470px;
height:194px;
background: url(images/headline.jpg);
}

.headline h1 { visibility: none; }

============HTML==============

<div id="headline" style="background: url(images/headline_01.jpg)">
<h1 class="headline">PAGE TITLE HERE</h1>
</div>

If I just make it h1 {visibility:none} it works but I want it specific to the headline class because I will be using H1 elsewhere.
Can anyone see anything wrong? :-/
Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
h1#header {display:none} should do it too. If it doesn't work you probably didn't set a doctype.
 
0
•••
Great catch!
It's a test file so I didn't add any header stuff...

Appreciate it!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back