NameSilo

Hide filename

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

teknophile

New Member
Impact
0
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
search google..
I remember someone asking this at some other forum but forgot how/if it could be done.
 
0
•••
0
•••
OK armstrong thnks.

I 'll try that by the thing is that I need to have 4-5 pages
under products and I do not want to show the fillename.htm.

Any ideas.

Thanks
 
0
•••
This should be possible using mod_rewrite. Search google, and you'll find lots of links and examples. Here's oe - http://www.modrewrite.com/
 
0
•••
teknophile said:
OK armstrong thnks.

I 'll try that by the thing is that I need to have 4-5 pages
under products and I do not want to show the fillename.htm.

Any ideas.

Thanks
why don't you use php?

have index.php, and in it have:

PHP:
<?php

include($_REQUEST['page'].".htm");

?>

then when you go to index.php?page=number1 it will load number1.htm into the page. If you want added security you could do this:

PHP:
<?php

include("number".$_REQUEST['page'].".htm");

?>

then it will load number1.htm when you go to index.php?page=1. PHP is so powerful.
 
0
•••
I was thinking something like above..

<?php include('number1.htm'); ?>
 
0
•••
Poor Doggie thank for your help.

Unfortunately I am a newbie with php and furthermore
I don't know how am I going to use that to say:

open page1.htm (not show the filename)
and then go to page2.htm or pagex.htm and STILL not show the filename.

I think what you suggested means have index.htm load pagex.htm.
:guilty:
Thanks
teknophile
 
0
•••
mod_rewrite in .htacess file..

read the documentation on apache :)
 
0
•••
teknophile said:
Poor Doggie thank for your help.

Unfortunately I am a newbie with php and furthermore
I don't know how am I going to use that to say:

open page1.htm (not show the filename)
and then go to page2.htm or pagex.htm and STILL not show the filename.

I think what you suggested means have index.htm load pagex.htm.
:guilty:
Thanks
teknophile
well... you don't need to know much about php for this. Just put this into a file named "index.php" (you need php on your server):
PHP:
<?php

if( isset($_REQUEST['u']) ){
$a = $_REQUEST['u']; // this gets the number in the query string (index.php?u=#)
}
else{
$a = "start"; // default page (numberstart.htm)
}

include("number".$a.".htm"); // this shows page#.htm

?>
How to use this: you want to name your pages number+number.htm (number1.htm, number2.htm etc) The default page should be called numberstart.htm. when you want to show "numberstart.htm" you should just link to index.php. When you want to call number1.htm you should link to index.php?u=1 and etc for the rest.

Good Luck! :)
 
0
•••
He pretty much explained it all. *Sigh* I Tried xD. Im still a php noob.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back