NameSilo

Hi everyone, this is May.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MayChen.com

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

My name is May, China country manager at Epik.com. I am new to NamePros. Greeting to everyone!

I am bilingual Chinese and English, born and raised in China, studied in Australia and currently living in California. I love domain name industry mainly because I had great experiences working with domainers, made a lot of friends in this industry since 2016 when I started my domain name career in Uniregistry. I appreciate Rob gave me this opportunity to continue my domain journey in Epik.com. And I am very excited to work in a team full of passionate domain experts.

I look forward to making more friends here in NP. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance. My email is [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome, May.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello May .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

What were you doing at Uni? I've only been domaining a few years and never used them as a client. However Frank's time as a regular on Domain Sherpa was right in the crucial period when I started taking domaining seriously .. so i'll always be thankful to him for that. That being said .. Epik is really doing well these days .. you're in a good place for growth! :)

Also .. (more importantly) .. are you a domainer yourself? lol

Anyhow .. best of luck to you going forward in the world of domains! :)

Last edited:
•••
Hi May!! Welcome to NamePros.

•••
•••
•••

What were you doing at Uni? I'm only been domaining a few years and never used them as a client. However Frank's time as a regular on Domain Sherpa was right in the crucial period when I started taking domaining seriously .. so i'll always be thankful to him for that. That being said .. Epik is really doing well these days .. you're in a good place for growth! :)

Also .. (more importantly) .. are you a domainer yourself? :)

Hi Ategy,

Thank you so much! I was the one managing entire registry business operation for China market in Uniregistry. Promoting TLDs with CN registrars, working with MIIT to get license for TLDs, providing supports to Uni's accredited registrars etc. Frank is a great boss and mentor for me, and he is a very genuine person. Same for Vern, Bret and Francisco and rest of Uni team. I had a great time working with them. Learned a lot, grew a lot in Uniregistry.

And yes, here I am in another great team, Rob has introduced me to the team and in NPs since our first chat. So I have been observing how Epik team works before my official starting date. I admire our team member's energy and passion, and Rob is a superman I think. He always respond to emails, NPs, our internal group chat with no delay. He always take domainers comments seriously and trying to adopt the advices and making improvement instantly. And he is very knowledgable. I am sure I will learn a lot from Rob and the team.

Lastly, yes I am a domainer but not owning too many names tho :)

•••
•••
•••
Hi May, and a warm welcome to you! MAY :) your stay be very pleasant....

•••

What were you doing at Uni? I've only been domaining a few years and never used them as a client. However Frank's time as a regular on Domain Sherpa was right in the crucial period when I started taking domaining seriously .. so i'll always be thankful to him for that. That being said .. Epik is really doing well these days .. you're in a good place for growth! :)

Also .. (more importantly) .. are you a domainer yourself? lol

:sneaky::xf.wink:(y)

•••
•••
•••
Hi May, Welcome and all the best.

•••
Hi May, Welcome to NP! wish you nothing but success.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
Hello May and welcome to nps!

•••
•••
Definitely follow @MayC18

Also, if you have China-related domains to sell, use May as a resource. She is assembling a vast network of China-based domain buyers with a special emphasis on helping these buyers efficiently clear transactions through Epik. We already work with many Chinese but this cures the language barrier.

In addition, as May previously worked with Chinese registrars while at Uniregistry, we are hopeful to develop partnerships that will present Chinese registrars with access to our various marketplace and expiry auction APIs in order to add new high value buying capacity to the growing supply.

Anyway, keep an eye on May and thank you for giving her a warm welcome here at NamePros as I think she is going to be able to help a lot of people. I expect we will be hiring additional team members in China, and then using May as the bridge to keep the China team connected 24/7.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back