domain henry.cc - please appraise

Spaceship
Watch

traindriver

Impact
what do you think about henry.cc?

Best regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$20-$50 Max Wishing you luck.

•••
I sold several nice one-single-word .cc at price $200-300 around recently...so, I suggest u keep it for a while, but if u want quick money or don't like to keep it, u may just sell it here at a reseller price $20~50 .

•••
$20 to $55 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
Thank you all for your appraisals!

•••
it would make for a catchy little name for a youngsters motorcycle. Very speculative, obviously

Last edited:
•••
cc worth often dependent on other available options. For this name
  • The .com is developed and the .org is in use by RealNames
  • The .xyz is priced at very top of 5-fig
You should dig out status of .io, .co, .net, .ai, .me perhaps others.

First names or last names occasionally sell in .cc if priced right. You can use NameBio to search for Given Names using the Niche Category and Given Names Subcategory. Characterization is not perfect. Here is the list for .cc extension for the last 5 years, arranged by decreasing price:
https://namebio.com/?s==ITMxcjNxMDN

There is one male and two female given names at the top of the list in the $1600 to $2000 range so that would define the high retail price range for a name like this, in my opinion (but there are characteristics of this name suggesting a higher asking price - see below).

The sell-through rate is still low on these (I have a few first names in .cc, most without offers). My guess it is maybe 0.25% per year. I have 2 given name .cc sales in the NB list at the link above (I list my venue for cc sales as MemorableCC so you can see which are mine), but one should be characterized as a last name; the sale that was a given name was low $$$$, but it is both a first name and a color, so has more value. It was a brand upgrade for a medical compliance firm that have it in use. I did sell another first name in the .cc extension that NB did not characterize as a given name for $500. it is in use by a small cycle shop. I tend to price them in the $500 to $1500 range, but with a lower make offer option as well.

If trying to sell wholesale for quick sale, it generally is hard to get more than low/mid $$, as others noted, since it is not that hard to find some dropping ones. That is sad, as your name is worth more than that, but a lot of supply and not a lot of demand.

I have not done this, but you should research how many businesses use this particular name, using OpenCorporate or LinkedIn company search, and how many startups, using CrunchBase.

I see that this is a very aged name (2000 creation date), and you have it preregistered well into future (2027 according to Whois). You are therefore in a solid bargaining position. Given that, I might price a little higher. There are increasing numbers of sales in .cc, but still almost all are numeric names, and prices also edging up.

If a prospective buyer brings up automated appraisals, refer them to Graen for this particular name :). They really like this name, estimate well into 5-figures. That appraisal stresses length, age and especially number of TLDs and number of related TLDs. All four measures are very strong for this domain name. 281 TLDs and more than 44,000 related TLDs. Based on that you might try higher pricing than I suggested earlier.

Best wishes for the domain name. I don't usually respond in appraisal requests, but I follow the .cc market really carefully, so thought I could provide a useful opinion on this name.

-Bob

PS I could not resist checking out OCs and there are more than 24,000 active companies and organizations that use it as part of name, or also known as name, or their corporate address. That is a really healthy number obviously.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back