NameSilo

Help With Forms and iFrames

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

thetzfreak

Established Member
Impact
19
I've got a question that maybe the NamePros members can help me with. I've got a yahoo login form inside an iFrame, and I'm trying to make the target page open in a new window, not in an iFrame. How do I do this? I did a bit of looking on google, and all I found was to put the following code into the <form tag:

onsubmit="window.open('','foo',
'resizable=1,scrollbars=1,width=400,height=300')"
This just made a new window open, but the target page was still opened inside the frame. I'm not sure what the 'foo' is...

Here is the code that I have inside the iFrame:
Code:
		<form method="post" action="https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?" autocomplete="off" onsubmit="window.open('','foo',
'resizable=1,scrollbars=1,width=400,height=300')" name="login_form">

				<input type="hidden" name=".done" value="http://mail.yahoo.com">
				<p><label for="username">Yahoo! ID: </label>
				<input name="login0" id="username0" value="" size="17" class="yreg_ipt" type="text"> <label for="passwd">Password: </label>
				<input name="passwd0" id="passwd0" value="" size="17" class="yreg_ipt" type="password">&nbsp<class="yreglgsb"><input type="submit" value="Login">
				</p>
				</form>
Yep... it's a yahoo login.

Thanks.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I may be little help as I dunno much about this, and i'm not quite positive I understand ya..but do you mean adding target="_blank"> to the end of the domain name? Example being... "http://mail.yahoo.com"target="_blank"> or no? It may be diff with a form?

As I said you probably know me but I used to use Iframes and thats what i had to do to all my links, not sure if that's what you need tho.
 
0
•••
EDIT: Woops, all you have to do do is put target="_new" in the <form> tag. Problem solved!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Your best bet is to not have it in the Iframe at all, as no matter what the Iframe will reload. You should just put the login form on the page staticly, by using a php include.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back