NameSilo

Help in getting domain name back

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am not very computer literate so please bear with me. I had a domain name for my company - that name is registered in Texas under assumed names. I had paid for domain renewal. The company was not the same altho I didn't know it. They contacted me re: a password however since my computer guy disappeared I did not know how to get that info. I think I have it now but it appears to be too late. The company that I paid for renewal did not get it done I guess and now it is registered with someone else. I have yet to receive my money back. Can anyone help me figure out the best way to retreive my domain name? Also, I [aid a good deal to get my website done and I am not sure if this info is still accessible. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If your domain has a trademark within itself, (ex., www.BrokerInc.com, and your company is Brokers, Inc.) you can file a claim for a legal domain transfer from the new owner to you. That is a legal way of obtaining a trademarked domain name.

•••
Welcome to namepros, liveoncedoitrit!

But I agree with vip-ip. Unless you can prove a common law or a registered
trademark, you have little to no chances of getting it back other than making
an offer to its current owner.

If you didn't get your money back yet, check with the provider you remitted
the payment to and have them refund you. You can keep bugging them to try
getting the name back, but they won't be able to at this point.

•••
The only way to get it is what the top 2 people mentioned above, unless you bought it off the new owner but they would prob charge you heaps.

•••
Can't you change your ending to .net or .org, etc.?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back