Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

AYOUFFF

Established Member
Impact
Is this a good domain DenverProsthodontist.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi @AYOUFFF,

I googled the keywords "Denver Prosthodontist" as well as did some research on the city of Denver as I am not a US citizen.

Basic Facts of Denver
-------------------------------
Denver has a 2023 population of 699,288 according to Wikipedia. Denver is a consolidated city and county, the capital, and most populous city of the U.S. state of Colorado.

What is a Prosthodontist?
-------------------------------------
According to webmd.com, a prosthodontist is a dentist who specializes in treating complex dental and facial matters, including the restoration and replacement of missing or damaged teeth with artificial devices. They are highly trained in dental implants, crowns, bridges, dentures, jaw disorders, and more.

Now we got the definition and statistic ready, here are 2 pointers I will make:

1. One major negative about this domain is that the keyword "prosthodontist" has no sales velocity at all. Go to "Namebio.com" and key in this keyword, select "At the end" for placement, ".com" for extension and "Past 5 years" for data range. There is no sales over the past 5 years. It could be due to the fact that this role is a highly specialized aspect of dentistry but for me, I would not put my hard-earned money into something that speculative. Ideally, if you want to invest in a domain for resale, you would want one that is popular among domainers and business owners. To give a parallel example, Mcdonald's Hersley chocolate sundaes are so popular, sometimes when I go visit their ice cream kiosk, it is sold out. That's the kind of domain you want to own - it is so sellable that you would be spoilt for choice as to which offers your prospective buyers offer to you. So, the first lesson to learn is, you would want to choose a domain which has high sales velocity - many sales in a given month and increasing value of sales.

2. The second negative about this domain is that it is very long - 20 characters long. What's wrong with that, you might ask. In a nutshell, the shorter, more memorable domain, the more sellable and higher sales value it can fetch. I am not selling anything here, but if you want proper training in domain selling, I recommend taking Godaddy Domain Academy course (I am not an affiliate). They have veteran domain investors that can give you domain valuation feedback on your domains that you pick.

Remember: Be very, very, very disciplined when you are choosing domains to resell. Domaining is not an easy, walk-in-the-park, get-rich-quick business where you buy any random domain and it will generate thousands of dollars for you. Many beginners thought a successful day is when you register a domain that is able to resell for high ROI. The hallmark of a successful day is you were disciplined to stick to your domain checklist and do not impulse buy just because you want to make some quick easy money and you do not lose money.

You have taken the first correct step and that is to select domains with business intent. Refine your domain skills further and I am sure you will be successful one day!

Best wishes
abcuser123

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back