Domain Empire

Hello hello!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EyeSpyShine

Established Member
Impact
First off, thanks for creating this community to help us succeed from all the knowledge everyone contributes. I'm really glad to have found this site. Knowledge really is power. (In my opinion.) Oh, and common sense is a great one too. Just saying.

I am a mother of three who's spent her soul to the retail labor industry. Only to have little to show for it besides broke knees and broke dreams . So here I am. A newbie to this industry. Learning and researching all that I can wherever I can. And so far NamePros has been the a great learning guide.

I'm hoping to become financially stable for my family and for the ability to help others whenever I want. Without the worry of cost. I love to help others. Plus, it would be nice to get a car that doesn't brake every other day..😅 Just a few goals in mind.

The route I want to take to accomplish this is by selling domains that I've personally created. (And I mean domains that have actual dictionary words. And that make sense.) Buying expired domains might be in the future but for now my creative side has her hopes high. I'll admit I did go out and buy several without doing much research first. Well, in my mind they were awesome. Fingers crossed that will be true for others. My brain can't fathom those nonsense types that are selling ridiculously high at auctions. But I am still learning. So thank you for having me NamePros!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome, lets hope you do have that creative edge. Do bare in mind that creative brandable domains can sit in your account for many years, rarely a quick return. Don't get in too deep financially without seeking the opinion of others that have been selling domains for many years, there's many here.

My brain can't fathom those nonsense types that are selling ridiculously high at auctions.
Take a moment or two and Google the word or term that sold for a high amount, keep it within quotation marks and all will be revealed

Last edited:
•••
cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
Hello, welcome, nice intro.

The route I want to take to accomplish this is by selling domains that I've personally created. (And I mean domains that have actual dictionary words. And that make sense.)

When ever you smash 2 words together think about who the end user could be. Yes quirky two word "brandables" exist and sell for a good ammount sometimes but it's not the norm.

I'll admit I did go out and buy several without doing much research first.

Everyone has gone through this stage when starting out, don't sweat it. Domaining is addicting.

My brain can't fathom those nonsense types that are selling ridiculously high at auctions

Names are also bought because they have a lof of backlinks or are aged even if the name doesn't make sense, they are usually dropped quickly.

Knowledge is power.

•••
Hello and welcome to nps! Take plenty of time to read and learn here before investing too much.

•••
Thanks for all the tips everyone. Trust me, I've been doing a lot of research. On anything and everything. Even my husband is annoyed with it. Like when tries to do something online I ask, "Did you research it first?" 🤔😅
With the domains I registered though, free appraisal tools put them all over. From none, little or somewhat decent value. I know the value is in the eye of the beholder (if a history is present.) But mine also showed no history until I checked out Domain Tools ... So it's just a little confusing as to what information I should use. Like if I were to sell, which history and value should I go off of for the sale listing? I haven't asked for appraisals here yet as I'm still doing my own research first...
Some questions though.. Domain Tools shows 200 connected domains. Are those the same as back links? What's the difference between historical records vs screenshots? How do Alter.com values check out? My domains show up decent on that compared to GoDaddys estimates.
Then with Ahrefs- when it says estimated 0 backlinks/websites in order to rank top 10... that's a good thing right? I know I have more questions but those are the few that come to mind at the moment... Thanks again everyone for all the helpful advice!!

•••
. Don't get in too deep financially without seeking the opinion of others that have been selling domains for many years, there's many here.
I went ahead and did an appraisal post here. I was trying to do the research first but the free tool sites have them ranging all over. It's a little confusing as to which I should actually use for a basis.

•••
Your best bet is the appraisal section on here. If you don't get any response it's a clear sign that members don't particularly like the domain. they are trying to be polite in unresponsive way. Good names always receive feedback

I'll look out for your appraisal requests

•••
Take a moment or two and Google the word or term that sold for a high amount, keep it within quotation marks and all will be revealed
And thanks! I've started doing this. It helps. Like I couldn't understand how "punchacow.com" sold for so much.
And now I do. Arts& Crafts, names for men who herd cows and for the humane cow killer tool... I used it for several others that really didn't make any sense and sure enough they had info too. So I just figure any and everything can be made into something then... right? Like if they can do it, so can I!? Kidding. Well, not really. But I do understand that's not how this works... and all the factors that go into it. Just hopeful, I guess.

•••
OK I've commented on your first appraisal request, your exploring the wrong avenues to turn anything into money imo

•••
The number one thing about Domaining:
It is a lesson in patience.... It's a long game business. It takes time to sell domains....because the right person has to want THAT domain.

The number 2 thing about Domaining:
It's addicting..... somewhat like slot machines. Buying domains, searching for domains..... is like a treasure hunt. Some people really love domains and get attached to them. New comers have a tendency to go overboard and start buying domains left and right, and then one day, reality hits you and realize that the domains you paid good money for..... are just crapola domains, no one will ever buy them.

So here is short list of Domain related blogs. My suggestion is to read read read, until your eyes hurt and your brain goes numb. Study domaining as a business, take notes, figure out what will work for you and start slow and learn from others mistakes and successes.

On a added note, many folks consider Rick Schwartz the true Domain King and was one of the very first people to get into Domaining (back in the 90's). Some folks like him and some hate him. I like him.... because he shares his knowledge and experiences with others. He is rather blunt, but that is what makes Rick unique.

Rick's background was in sales and business, and he found his true calling in Domaining. You can learn oodles and oodles of stuff from him.... even his older post have value.

This is a short list of the best blogs about domaining. There are more good domain blogs out there, but I kept the list short.

These are in alphabetical order.... I like them all because each one of these guys are kind enough to share their knowledge and experiences with others. Their insight and experience has proven to be invaluable to me.... and I hope they help you too. I wish you oodles of success!

DNJournal.com Ron Jackson
domaininvesting.com Elliot Silver
domainking.com Rick Schwartz
domainnamewire.com Andrew Allman
dsad.com Shane Cultra
namebio.com Michael Sumner

•••
Welcome to namePros (y) I wish you good luck to sell a lot of domain names :xf.smile:

•••
•••
@EyeSpyShine Can you give more info regarding this comment: "Domain Tools shows 200 connected domains"?

I am confused about this terminology, maybe add a screenshot of what you are looking at... Thank you

•••
•••
I am confused about this terminology, maybe add a screenshot of what you are looking at... Thank you
Maybe I'm missing something but how do I add a screenshot? I'm using an Samsung Galaxy S10e.. I've tried clicking around in the comment tools but can't seem to find that option?

•••
Googling gives you answers, Samsung Galaxy S10e - How to Take a Screenshot

I found this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9RxMnGP_I

Last edited:
•••
Googling gives you answers, Samsung Galaxy S10e - How to Take a Screenshot

I found this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9RxMnGP_I
Oh I know how to screenshot. I meant how do I attach one here on Namepros? like in the comments/replies...?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back