Dynadot

discuss gTLDs vs Old

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Voodoomoodoo

Established Member
Impact
I came across some statistics the other day showing that .xyz is the most popular gTLD in terms of growth as and total registrations. Out of curiosity, I cross checked against some data for the old TLDs. I was surprised to find that, although still nowhere near .com, it's reaching same levels of daily registrations as .org and .net.
Personally, I think it's quite impressive. This is just a discussion of whether you think gTLDs will ever reach the popularity of the .orgs and .nets and even .coms. or are we in a kind of fast growth period and expect them to slow down, soon?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you read that XYZ were free? Low cost? Etc?

Then when they got so much criticism from the states, they moved to Asia mimicking their marketing techniques?

•••
Have you read that XYZ were free? Low cost? Etc?

Then when they got so much criticism from the states, they moved to Asia mimicking their marketing techniques?
I had not, but now I'm intrigued. Would you mind telling me more? Or linking to some articles? Thanks!

•••
You would be surprised looking on what .xyz registrations taking place today. Wow most are just spam salkawrltyknraweyt.xyz. And David is correct think they gave away 500k for free.

•••
You would be surprised looking on what .xyz registrations taking place today. Wow most are just spam salkawrltyknraweyt.xyz. And David is correct think they gave away 500k for free.
Wow, really? That certainly does make sense in I saw they had 600k registered domains, i think the next highest was only 100k. I guess I'll look around and do some research.

•••
.com domains are still in demand and loveable for entire domain industry!!

•••
Btw, do you have any citations?

•••
Btw, do you have any citations?

Regarding the spamy .xyz being registered just have a look here.
As for the 500k, don't know where I read it. But seen it on a few places.

•••
Regarding the spamy .xyz being registered just have a look here.
As for the 500k, don't know where I read it. But seen it on a few places.
Thanks, that's very very interesting. I wonder if people would find it interesting if this was blogged... or maybe people either don't care or this is already common knowledge

•••
At least NetSol were giving them away for free if you bought another domain from them. Maybe it's time for you to do a Google search?

•••
Thanks, that's very very interesting. I wonder if people would find it interesting if this was blogged... or maybe people either don't care or this is already common knowledge

The .XYZ shenanigans to inflate registration numbers are common knowledge.

The registry and Daniel Negari have little credibility left inside the domain community.

Brad

•••

You can look deep into most of the industries top dogs and you will find similar behaviours as these. .xyz is no different to say the least.

•••
Does anyone what the delete process is for these new gtlds? I am specifically wanting to find out how long it takes a .GURU to drop. I am watching a domain in PendingDelete status with the following dates:
Created on 2014-02-04
Expires on 2015-02-04
Updated on 2015-04-17

Any idea when it might drop?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back