Dynadot

Greedy Enom!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Beware of enom clubdrop. they have an automated bidding trick to raise the bidding price.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please explain what you mean. Many of us use clubdrop with some success.

•••
I believe he's talking about proxy bidding.

Yeah, I know.

•••
Since we are discussing Club Drop at the moment, I have a question. I've bid on SteamCar.com and it appears that nobody else has. The close date of the auction was Sept. 14th. When I search for steamcar, I see the name, but the "Current High Bid" and "Bidders" fields are blank. Is that normal when only one person has bid on a name? When I click on steamcar.com, I see the names I bid on for that particular day, so I assume everything is okay...

I've just starting using Club Drop; most of the time I get out bid :(

•••
paulc said:
Beware of enom clubdrop. they have an automated bidding trick to raise the bidding price.

Hello Paul, it's no "trick" that they are pulling, it's just "proxy bidding". The bidder may put in their highest bid price that they are willing to go up to and then it will automatically bid on their behalf until it's reached or passed their high bid. So let's say if you put in a bid for $25, but someone else's high bid is $150 then you'll be automatically outbidded everytime you put in a bid until you reach that $150 that the other bidder has set.

Hope this clarifies it for you. If that's not what you meant, then please let us know. :)

•••
ChrisVirtue said:
paulc said:

Hello Paul, it's no "trick" that they are pulling, it's just "proxy bidding". The bidder may put in their highest bid price that they are willing to go up to and then it will automatically bid on their behalf until it's reached or passed their high bid. So let's say if you put in a bid for $25, but someone else's high bid is $150 then you'll be automatically outbidded everytime you put in a bid until you reach that $150 that the other bidder has set.

Hope this clarifies it for you. If that's not what you meant, then please let us know. :)
i guess i would seem like a trick to somebody who doesn't know about it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back