IT.COM

.tv Great .TV Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SKG

Established Member
Impact
Anyone want to take a stab at this package for thoughts and appraisal?

CultClassics.tv-accepted but waiting for paperwork from Great Domains
FamilyClassics.tv-sent to GD today
ChildrensClassics.tv-sent to GD today
SportsClassics.tv-sent to GD today

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm seeing a .tv trend at greatdomains. I've just had two names accepted this week. I predict all but "cult classic " will make it.

Childrens classic will range at 4k to 7.5k
familyclassics will range at 3k to 5.5k
sportsclassics will rage at 4k to 9k
IMVHO.....very nice names .

Cable is going, a la carte, and so then will TV........

namenut

•••
Thanks Namenut, I got the listing for GD for CultClassics.tv, and will find out soon for the other three. I agree with you on the pricing at this time. Tv names that go along with the extension will be hot. I think your prices are right. I often wonder even as I am getting TV names being listed at GD should I hold out because in a few years they will be worth more.

•••
.TV and "a la carte" is comming

That sounds great. If they accepted cultclassics, and I am assuming you sent them in at the same time, then the others may have been "kicked up" if you have not recieved rejection or acception yet. The prices should be a bit better than cultclassics.tv (2k to 5k ?)......and now that I see this name again it does have a better apeal than I originaly saw in it. I was looking at the darker side of the "cult" aspect and was turned off at first. Yet the potential "cult classic movie" fan is another apsect I overlooked.
As for holding on to them....I do'nt think it wil be too long before congress preasures cable to open it's pipes to all the "indie" artists as well as "big blue" to utalize the categorization (a la carte) marketing. We are getting ripped off with cable packaging and the internet has once again slain the giants.....If you can't beat them...littegate them and loose millions putting corners on a wheel to invent the "square".....before you join them. I have a few .tv's and plan to get a goooood price or I will hold them. soon I think the mom&pop, indie artist, small business, etc wil be able to market themselves with the 800 lb. gorillas. Joe public will weed out the waste in due time. Or, ha ha ha , gravitate to it. Look at podcasting and it's rapid growth as well as popularity. TV and Cable is next.

IMVHO....=0 )

Good luck fellow .tv'er...Happy safe Holidays.

namenut

Last edited:
•••
its funny.. i have classicsports, classiccomedy,
classicdocumentary and a few other classic_______.tv's :)

have greatdomains been selling many .tvs though ?

•••
Good question betterdayz4. It does not seem like they are selling, yet they are building up inventory for something. It seems they are anticipating sales though, else they would not invest in .tv so much. Time will tell.

•••
Happy Holidays

Personaly I know someone in the advertisng field. What I gather from all the vailed questions she is asking me about domain names and .tv's. Somethings up :$:

I feel there is a push about to happen in the .TV domain. Imagine if greatdomains, and other resellers have developers, *marketers, designers and venture groups they can tap or get a heads up from. Then we could see the trends in the acceptances in domain name listings.

Also look at the international debate on control of the internet domains. The United State will soon give up control over the TLD's and we will see .US and .TV climb in value. We will see TV broadcasters get into bed with Cable providers as soon as the FCC opens broadcast
restrictions to better reflect current technology. Thus the .TV market is made.

:imho:
namenut

•••
Boy, I sure hope something is up>>>>would love to be at the right place at the right time on this wave.

•••
namenut said:
Happy Holidays

Personaly I know someone in the advertisng field. What I gather from all the vailed questions she is asking me about domain names and .tv's. Somethings up :$:

I feel there is a push about to happen in the .TV domain. Imagine if greatdomains, and other resellers have developers, *marketers, designers and venture groups they can tap or get a heads up from. Then we could see the trends in the acceptances in domain name listings.

Also look at the international debate on control of the internet domains. The United State will soon give up control over the TLD's and we will see .US and .TV climb in value. We will see TV broadcasters get into bed with Cable providers as soon as the FCC opens broadcast
restrictions to better reflect current technology. Thus the .TV market is made.

:imho:
namenut
the u.s. doesn't even control the .com really - they leave it up to icann which isn't doing a good job. if you're going to state facts at least get them right ;)

•••
.TV future

SKG said:
Anyone want to take a stab at this package for thoughts and appraisal?

CultClassics.tv-accepted but waiting for paperwork from Great Domains
FamilyClassics.tv-sent to GD today
ChildrensClassics.tv-sent to GD today
SportsClassics.tv-sent to GD today

Like I said SKG... I think the internet landscape is going to change soon as I have posted. I like your domains and think they will fall into the new landscape very well. :) Any of your names (not cultclassics, lol) would draw my attention in or on a program listing.I would watch "family Classics, Childrens\'s Classics and Sports Classics. Being a parent I gravitate towards these words in programing. I think .TV will exploded with development very soon. I wish you the best in your venture. I also offer my apologies for running off thread and into a "wall". :)

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/174096756/m/973006166731

http://news.com.com/United+States,+...detente/2100-1036_3-5955245.html?tag=nefd.top

http://www.atsnn.com/story/175570.html

http://blog.fastcompany.com/archives/2005/10/20/i_think_icann.html

"Under the agreement, a California nonprofit body known as the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, or ICANN, will continue to oversee the system that matches addresses like 'reuters.com' with numerical addresses that computers can understand.

"Individual countries will have greater control over their own domains, such as China's .cn or France's .fr. Disputes have arisen on occasion between national governments and the independent administrators assigned to manage these domains by ICANN.

"Businesses, technical experts and human-rights groups will be allowed to participate along with governments in the forum, which will first meet in early 2006.

"'Internet governance requires a multi-stakeholder approach. This is why we have suffered such agonies in our discussions on Internet governance,' said Yoshio Utsumi, who heads the International Telecommunications Union, the UN organization that sponsored the summit."

Yahoo! News, 11/16/05
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051116/wr_nm/tunis_dc
Language: English
Release Date: November 16, 2005
Archive Date: December 15, 2005
Submitted By: John Daly

Happy Safe Holidays.
namenut

Last edited:
•••
Thanks NameNut! It has been more than a couple days and so far CultClassics.tv was accepted, ChildrensClassics.tv denied and the others still waiting.

Cheers

•••
There seems no rythme or reason as to why great domains takes one .tv name over another name, for me rail.tv and wimax.tv declined - terrible.tv and realism.tv accepted, see what i mean... :?

With regards as to "why GD takes a glut of .tv's nowadays" well thats pretty obvious - you just have to look at their logo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back