Dynadot

.tv Great News To A Fellow .Tv Investor & Doing What's Right - Thanks Finster!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Elliots Blog has a nice write up on Fin.... Fin-I just wanted to post this and copy and paste so other fellow .tv investors and our community knows of this.

Fin-what you did and what was right is who you are and your help is greatly appreciated.. I learned a lot on you by reading this and thanks Elliot in posting this... We had a miscommunication and tension between us a couple months back and after reading this I just wanted to say I was sorry again.. Learned a lot by you and for who you are in elliots blog.

Thanks finster and helping others out! I had wanted to form this in the .tv section since I always see you in here, a lot of people here know you, your buying .tv names and a great .tv community member...

copy and paste...Source www.eliotsblog.com

In Wake of Disaster, Domain Investor Does Good
Domain Industry News No Comments »
I read a story in ComputerWorld about domain speculators buying hurricane-related domain names and parking them or listing them for sale to profit off of this natural disaster. Every time a tragedy strikes, it seems that domain speculators buy related domain names with the purpose of profiting off of disaster. This causes much criticism of the domain investment industry, and it seems legitimate domain investors take it on the chin after every tragedy.

While speculators are still buying Hurricane Gustav-related domain names, there is at least one domain investor who is foregoing profit to make a difference. Fin Lemonde registered GustavRelief.com and similar domain names on behalf of his church a couple of years ago. Fin saw people buying Katrina-related domain names and wanted to make a difference in the event any of the 2008 hurricanes caused a disaster. Fin’s idea was to create an organization that could lend itself to helping other human beings if the need arose.

Because of other projects that took precedence, as well as a tragic personal loss in the last couple of years, this organization never got off the ground. Fin kept the domain names on the back burner until a few days ago. Upon hearing news of Hurricane Gustav’s potential to cause major damage to New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, Fin realized he needed to do something with this important domain name to help. Putting personal morals over profit, Fin has decided to forward all traffic from GustavRelief.com to the American Red Cross.

People in need of services or help in the wake of Hurricane Gustav that type in GustavRelief.com will not have to worry about clicking on advertisements, relief scams, or being sent elsewhere. Instead, they will be sent directly to the American Red Cross homepage where they can receive help from one of the leading American charitable organizations. Likewise, people who want to help will be able to do so as well. As soon as time permits, all of these protective domain registrations will forward to a single landing page where visitors will be able to choose from several charities that are helping with relief efforts.

This is a story of a domain investor doing the right thing. Instead of the negative stories about domain investors we always see, wouldn’t it be nice if media outlets focused on people doing positive things to help other human beings?

ps...ray-if you can sticky this that would be greatly appreciated by me and deserves it...I am sure the .tv community will agree with me on this..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What a great example of how one individual can make a big difference to the lives of those far less fortunate.

Top Class :kickass:

•••
Thanks for the post Jeffoverman :)

Go Finster!
:great:

•••
Well done Finster. :kickass:

•••
•••
•••
•••
I think it may also be nice to have a simple resource site with links out to any related websites such as red cross or any other 'out reach' organization. I dont personally feel that ads are inherently bad or evil for a page like this. You could perhaps donate ad revenue to charitable causes related to the disaster.

Great Job

•••
aww shucks. :red:

thanks all. not a big deal really. wish i'd the time to do more, put up a comprehensive page with links and on and on.

i switched the forward from redcross to directrelief.org as they seem able and willing to help the people in the caribbean who were pounded a lot worse. hope someone's able to get aid to the cubans.

•••
Now I wish I never placed my SALINA on Sedo ... o well lets wish Finster luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back