showcase GPT domains

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Centauri

Established Member
Impact
585
Hey,

now that GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is so hyped,
and news GPT .com sold for over $40k,
chatgpt.com valued at $29 bio. recently,

its maybe time to have a small but dedicated thread for GPT.


Do you own any names?


chat-gpt-examples.jpg
 
Last edited:
25
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
man, all these GPT domains are getting away in a fast pace....

had a look at main gpt / port gpt a few days back, were free,
now they are regged (by someone else).

My bad ; )


Honestly, I think the term GPT is a unique selling point.

You can be different opinion, but I think that only chat gpt will be able to thrive.

Customers love uniqueness... hate copy/paste.

Just my point of view.


This is like google in 2001: Everybody began to use google, not altavista or lycos (or yahoo).

And if someone would have brought a similar website, and called it froogle, customers simply would have ignored it...


However, interesting niche, this AI generative stuff...

Good luck.
 
Last edited:
8
•••
man, all these GPT domains are getting away in a fast pace....

had a look at main gpt / port gpt a few days back, were free,
now they are regged (by someone else).

My bad ; )


Honestly, I think the term GPT is a unique selling point.

You can be different opinion, but I think that only chat gpt will be able to thrive.

Customers love uniqueness... hate copy/paste.

Just my point of view.


This is like google in 2001: Everybody began to use google, not altavista or lycos (or yahoo).

Definitely the future. It's not going anywhere.
 
6
•••
Just added:
ThriveGpt
SquareGpt
GenesisGpt

GptReady
GptBooster

All in KING :)
 
7
•••
Chat GPT is currently down
 

Attachments

  • chatgpt.PNG
    chatgpt.PNG
    84.5 KB · Views: 286
2
•••
Chat GPT is currently down
That comes up every now and again at random by the looks of things. I found that someone I was working with had that message and I got straight in.
 
1
•••
The following GPT linked sites have developed.
Gpt.com.au
Gptindustries.com
Gptrally.nl
Gptgroup.co.in
gpt-plastic-technology.com
gptinfra.in
gpt-llc.com
Gptacademy.co.uk
OpenGPT-X.de
gptgroup.net
gpt3demo.com
gptglobal.com
 
7
•••
I'm not registering any cause it's a waste of money.

Just another meta, libra, stadia. No point in trying to make money out of another company's TM.
 
Last edited:
5
•••
I'm not registering any cause it's a waste of money.

Just another meta, libra, stadia. No point in trying to make money out of another company's TM.
GPT is not trademarked (I mean, it is for brands, but I don't see how it can be argued against with such an abbreviation possible of reflecting many meanings)

GPT in this case is different than GPT in other trademarks.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
5
•••
Chatgpt is.
Perhaps there's more to learn then, what is the legality of having a domain, for example, "TheChatGPT.com", where the trademark is ChatGPT, but the interpretation of the domain is TheChat GPT versus ChatGPT. They're different, perhaps? Is this where it'd be argued against in court? Who am I to know, but..

To follow this example, imagine if the domain is interpreted as The ChatGPT, then there would be issues, of course, but, I guess that's a whole legal headache.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Perhaps there's more to learn then, what is the legality of having a domain, for example, "TheChatGPT.com", where the trademark is ChatGPT, but the interpretation of the domain is TheChat GPT versus ChatGPT. They're different, perhaps? Is this where it'd be argued against in court? Who am I to know, but..

To follow this example, imagine if the domain is interpreted as The ChatGPT, then there would be issues, of course, but, I guess that's a whole legal headache.
Good luck with that one. But trying to make money out of someone else's name seldom leads to riches.
 
13
•••
Good luck with that one. But trying to make money out of someone else's name seldom leads to riches.

Someone else in this thread owns that. I was making an example. I agree it allows for complex issues, but GPT on its own does not, which is the main topic of this thread. GPT has some trademarks, but there is a looser argument of justifying that it means the said brand vs the technology. For example, I own ParaphraseGPT.com, which I think is safe from any GPT trademark claim.

https://www.tmdn.org/tmview/welcome#/tmview/results?criteria=C&basicSearch=gpt
 
Last edited:
0
•••
GPT means:
Generative Pretrained Transformer
 
6
•••
Same argument as always.

Boils down to: "I've come up with a version of their name that doesn't identify that company/product even though the only reason that I've registered my domains or I believe that they have worth is cause that company/product exists. It's a GENERIC version of their name."
 
11
•••
The following GPT linked sites have developed.
Gpt.com.au
Gptindustries.com
Gptrally.nl
Gptgroup.co.in
gpt-plastic-technology.com
gptinfra.in
gpt-llc.com
Gptacademy.co.uk
OpenGPT-X.de
gptgroup.net
gpt3demo.com
gptglobal.com
interesting, that they all start with gpt,
besides one.
 
3
•••
I think GPT domains have some potential.

GPT is a term to define a technology that will have place in many use cases.

That's why I registered these ones:

ThriveGpt
GenesisGpt

(Brands)

GptReady
GptBooster

(Different use cases)

All in king
 
2
•••
6
•••
The name chatgpt isn't going to last. I'm calling it now.

But @Future Sensors that is an article that is of a reasonable degree of interest... The thing that it seems pretty good at is answering questions. The main problem for the big G is that they don't actually answer questions, they point people to websites that might answer the question via a load of paid advertising.

Chat gpt needs to install a load of paid advertising in the middle to make money, so the Google model is probably more sustainable from a "we help other people make money" standpoint, which has been a key component to a lot of big tech's success.
 
Last edited:
13
•••
Also I wonder about the legality of a system that pretends it "doesn't have access to the internet" but has clearly scraped the internet for all of its information. Is that plagiarism? Will they pretend that the information wasn't/isn't scraped forever?

G tried to show information scraped from websites without providing any kickback to the people that created the information (case in point celebritynetworth) and I think the net result was that they found it unsustainable if it continued. Probably good for propagandists but not for people that want to produce websites that contain valuable and truthful information that's constantly updated.
 
Last edited:
10
•••
Last edited:
10
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back