NameSilo

domain gotitans.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

titanjeff

Impact
I’ve had this domain name for nearly 20 years. I currently run a message board fan site for the Tennessee Titans but I’m considering selling the domain name, site or both.

I’ve never sold a domain name before so look forward to reading all the beginners info here but thought I might see what others thought the value of my domain name might be to get started.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NamePros @titanjeff!

As a domain name alone, there isn't a lot of value there, simply due to the extremely narrow focus of the term. Essentially, the only use that makes sense is a fan site for a team named Titans.

Any value would come from your developed site and the traffic you get. I personally wouldn't know how to value that, but there are some people and threads on here that could certainly help.

You could start here:

https://www.namepros.com/forums/website-reviews-and-appraisals.280/

•••
Thanks for the tips.

I was thinking it might be used by a business-related site such as in "Titans of Business" or the show called "Titans". I think there is a "Titans of Tech" show/convention. Not much else I can think of.

There are a few other teams with the same name and I suppose I could try to reach out to them.

My website is a forum and I don't earn much with it anymore. I cover my server costs but not much anymore these days.

•••
Yeah, I agree that reaching out to other Titans teams may be the way to go.

I see where you're going with the other possible uses... however unless existing businesses are already using this term in this way, you'd be fighting an uphill battle trying to convince someone to do it and pay a premium for the name.

One of the first rules in profiting from selling domain names is that 99.9% of the time people already have their own ideas. They don't want your ideas. They just want the name.

•••
Joe is 100% . The name has narrow appeal and possible value but as an active message board / fansite you have value as a website, A platform like flippa might be the place to sell this. If you have monitized this with adwords (or the like) you should able to get 20-50 times monthly revenue. Sometimes you get more if it is not monetized as the buyers get excited about how much revenue it can make, If you have lots of traffic/unique visitors the site will appeal to more than one buyer. It becomes particularly attractive if there is only a little maintenance and/or members are moderating and contributing for free.
In any event It is worth the most as 'a domain and website' and that is what you should sell. Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back