Domain Empire

Google results

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tgo

Established Member
Impact
Ok today I was looking through my reffers, and found google sending me traffic for the term "lindsay lohan height" So off I went to see where I was in that result. When i searched I found something that I had not seen before. Check the top listing on this serp page. I dont care if you visit my page, just look at the serp page.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...en-US:official&q=lindsay+lohan+height&spell=1

Top listing - my site
Lindsay Lohan — Height: 5' 5"
http://famousqt.com/profile.asp?celeb=9 - More sources »

Next listing
Lindsay Lohan - Celebrity Hair Style Gallery
Profile: Name: Lindsay Lohan Birth Name: Lindsay Morgan Lohan Height: 5' 5"
Nationality: American Birth Date: July 2, 1986 Birth Place: New York, New York, ...
www.ukhairdressers.com/star_gallery/index2.asp?Length=Long&R1=539&celb1=Lindsay Lohan - 54k - Cached - Similar pages

Its like the top listing is not even a listing and is trying to answer the search itself. I have never seen this before, what kind of listing is this and why did they choose my site to take the info from? I mean they chose me over IMDB.... My site is new with very little PR and i am lost as to why or how I did this.

Could this be that I use google toolbar, and that is remembering sites I visit frequently and lists them first if they are relevant? I doubt this is it as I followed a url in my logs, so another user got to my site from the search.

Anyone want to enlighten me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hadn't seen that one before either :P Google is just moving to fast to keep up with.

Ok cool, so this is a newish feature.

Do you happen to know how I surpassed many other older and Higher pr sites to get #1 in google for that term? I have done some research and there is more than one example of this, as I can type "Lindsay Lohan birthplace" and get #1, or "Rachael Leigh Cook Height", or "rachael leigh cook birthplace"... There are alot more.

Its like they picked my site to list at #1 because of..... ? I dont know. Tons of other sites have this information, and are more popular.

I am wondering about how much weight google places on Bold HTML tags. As this is the only thing I can think of as to the reason. The terms searched are in bold on my site.

Did I just do a really good job on SE optimization? I knew I did alot right, but never thought I could get number 1 for so many terms.

Thing is my log shows only 140 reffers from google. OVT for the above terms is like 200+ so shouldnt I be getting traffic from this? Seams odd. MSN and yahoo send me alot more.

•••
Hi Tgo,

I work in the field of SEO.

I give you here my ideas on this altough it does not mean it must be true, only speculations.

- I don't think that this has to do with PageRank.
- Imagine that only PageRank is using "more than 500 million variables and 2 billion terms" in it's equation imagine then the rest Google is using when analysing a site, semantic and theme analyses etc etc.

My guess:

Your site happened to luckily fit in some complex equations by Google, pass certain filters and was then selected to be the site that shows this data - even if there is 100 others with the same data.

You won on jackpot, Google likes your site. :)

EDIT: It is a nice site also.

About OVT:
1. The data from OVT is usually months old.
2. OVT is not measuring traffic from Google I think only Yahoo.

Use this tool instead as you can see both OVT and Wordtracker and for free also.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thx bud this would explain quite a bit,

That tool you sent me to gives me better results, as it matches with my google refers better.

Funny how I got top for
"how old is tom cruise and katie holmes"
lol, just amazes me, such obsure terms... and tom isnt even mentioned on my page.

I think they must have just put me in this spot recently as my google reffers are rising fast. Almost doubled all google reffers in 3 months, just today. They did do over 120k googlebot hits on me last month so I was waiting to see where I would place, never expecting this. Kinda has me excited :)

Thx for the compliment, as its been alot of work to get the site where it is now.

Added to your rep, thx again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back