Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Google patches Gmail security hole

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Dave_Z

Electrifying GuyTop Member
Impact
394
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I have received some suspicious looking emails in my GMail over time, so thanks for the heads-up! :)


Provide And Prosper!
Rob
 
0
•••
I use Gmail only for uploading and e-mailing attachments because it happens faster and saves me alot of space, other than that I don't really have any use for it (it won't matter to me whether or not anyone hacks into it). I'm sticking to my MSN account because it's more secure. :)
 
0
•••
Thanks for keeping us informed Dave!!
I like gmail although they are still in their beta stage :)
 
0
•••
web-based email inherently insecure

HellFear said:
I use Gmail only for uploading and e-mailing attachments because it happens faster and saves me alot of space, other than that I don't really have any use for it (it won't matter to me whether or not anyone hacks into it). I'm sticking to my MSN account because it's more secure. :)


http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/03/23/HNhotmailyahoo_1.html

Any web-based email service is inherently insecure. Don't delude yourself into believing that MSN is any more secure than anywhere else--hell, people hack MSN for no other reason than because it's microsoft.

The GMAIL development team are currently investigating several potential vulnerabilities, as part of the standard beta process.


 
0
•••
Well they are still in the beta stage...
 
0
•••
1rrr1 said:
Well they are still in the beta stage...
Beta but they are so professional
I never got any problem with gmail till now except one in a while their site gets down for few seconds for maintenance
They are providing so much for free and to add, there are email specific ads on the right
Long live Google!!
 
0
•••
Thanks for posting this thread, I was going to post it earlier but it looks like you beat me to it. But remember GMail is still in it's 'beta phase' so the system is prone to bugs or malfunctions.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back