Dynadot

search engines Google Chrome to Show Only a Website’s Domain Name in the Address Bar

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It would only improve the value of the domain name as the name itself is shown and not the junk part.

•••
I don't know if it would improve any domains, but it would certainly improve the confusion of surfers, researchers, and all who would like to actually see resulting links. There is no "junk part." If you need a link you need the entire thing.

•••
Sounds reasonable I never type www. to search a site.
If suffix is also been left out then domain hack will be worthless:facepalm:

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't know if it would improve any domains, but it would certainly improve the confusion of surfers, researchers, and all who would like to actually see resulting links. There is no "junk part." If you need a link you need the entire thing.

I disagree, I think hiding the urls is a part of a bigger plan to bring crypto domains into picture as crypto domains use IPFS protocol rather than HTTPS. To explain it more clearly you can type https://google.com or ipfs://google.com and they will take you to the same web page.

I think this change is to avoid that confusion. Opera android has already adopted crypto domains and IPFS protocol they are just trying to pick up the pace.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back