Dynadot

Google algorithm update

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Tomorrow 4/21/2015 Google drops it's new mobile algorithm to "Favor" mobile friendly (Responsive) websites.
Is your site up to par?
Test it Here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice...all my blogs got "Awesome!This page is mobile-friendly." :)

•••
Congrats to you! I feel sorry for those who will be left behind in rankings due to this change from Google.
Website development will be at a all time high cause of it.

•••
Some more info here.
And video here.
Good luck everyone!

•••
The test seems flawed. I have one mobile friendly site to date, landing page for mobile devise shows the following links:

call us
contact us
call me back
tell a friend
full website

The thing is when you click on full Website it looks like all my other sites on the net therefore it's not really mobile friendly for the full Website but the site passes the Google test link provided.

So I gather their bot must land on a mobile friendly page but the site itself doesn't really need to be.

Last edited:
•••
@mad409 - The test will be on a page-by-page basis. But if you correct the page, it will be reinserted into mobile index the next time their mobile bot checks you out.

•••
Just checked my site and the result Awesome!This page is mobile-friendly.
Yea.. The best method to check all of your pages are mobile-friendly is using webmaster tool.

•••
I started a thread on this earlier in the search engines section - https://www.namepros.com/posts/4846420/

A couple of points:

- They confirmed it is on a page-by-page basis. The Mobile Friendly test also only tests one URL at a time, not your entire site. Even if your home page passes, you can have inner pages driving traffic which are not mobile friendly.
- Reposting the official Webmasters Blog post URL - http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/rolling-out-mobile-friendly-update.html

•••
Has anyone seen a drop in rank/index due to the new algorithm?
If so what is the difference?

•••
Great my website got the ok from Google!

•••
nice my parked domains got the ok from google

•••

Since I never parked a Domain may I ask if any of the companies that you and everyone use are offering support for the non compliant web pages?
It might be a little too early to ask this question but Google did notify about the change in November. I'm just curious...

•••

A moot point, since parked domains don't normally rank for anything in the SERPS :) (unless you do a site: search)

•••
Yeah but a point non the less in this crap hole internet world controlled by google and self absorbed people trying to make a buck at everyone elses expense with 5 million new gtlds that the common internet user dont even give a F@ck about nor will ever rank in the common users eyes.

•••
@baseballworld - It sounds like all the Google algorithm changes and all these new gtld's are getting to you. You really shouldn't let it get to you like that :) I just bought my first new gtld in the aftermarket (dropping domain). The first was the aftermarket. I have purchased a handful of new gtld's before direct from a registrar.

•••
And despite the hypemeisters, nearly a week later the mobile friendly update has been for the most part a non-event. Though that hasn't stopped anyone from churning out clueless bullsh*t articles about it...

This is a good thing, since the "mobile friendly" tool that the label is based upon leaves a LOT to be desired, nit-picking on minor annoyances and totally ignoring more critical issues like horrendous page load speed. You can have a page that takes 10-20 seconds to load mobile and it can still pass (Personally saw this on a client site I was auditing - crazy!)

When G makes some big declaration, always listen and read between the lines, never panic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back