• Registration expires in 6 weeks
  • Bought for $1070 in 2013 (GoDaddy)
  • Created 1997
  • Estibot value $8200
  • GoDaddy value $5354
  • On sale at Afternic for $4418
  • Related sales: http://dnpric.es/?q=cars.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The desirability of gold-colored cars is low. The problem with historical sales price checkers like dnpric.es is that it doesn't tell you if the domain was sold as just a domain or a developed site, which can make a huge difference as to why it was sold for the price it sold for.

Last edited:
•••
$2818 buy now (GoDaddy auctions)
  • Registration expires in 6 weeks
  • Bought for $1070 in 2013 (GoDaddy)
  • Created 1997
  • Estibot value $8200
  • GoDaddy value $5354
  • On sale at Afternic for $4418
  • Related sales: http://dnpric.es/?q=cars.com
I would personally imagine GoldCar.com would be more valuable than GoldCars.com and I stand behind what EbookLover says. The domain industry is constantly changing and shifting, and in this day in age, dealing with difference search engines and unique algorithms, strong keywords, short grammatically correct, additional underlying data is very relevant in the realm of domains.

With GoldCars.com, it was registered in 1997 and could be a hobby type website for someone interested in gold colored cars, but the use for it is so small, I honestly do not think it's worth the cost of the continued renewal. These generic free domain appraisal tools have some use and cool features but I wouldn't rely on it. One main thing is to not place a high price on a domain. $1,070 was way too much to buy in 2013, definitely wouldn't pay $2,818.

I would try to break even or lower, if and when you have an opportunity, otherwise, you'll continue to sit on this domain hoping for a $2,818 payday. I would personally value this domain at $8.15 (registration cost).

Good luck.

•••
Personally, I would keep it and hope that a business will contact you in the future. There is a Spanish company with this name and there are probably a few other ones out there.

My appraisal: $xx - low $xxxx to a domainer, but maybe $xxxx - a low $xxxxx for an end user.

•••
Personally, I would keep it and hope that a business will contact you in the future. There is a Spanish company with this name and there are probably a few other ones out there.

If you wait for companies to contact you to buy a domain from you, you will die of starvation and reg fees. You have to contact them. For the most part, domain reselling is not a passive income.

•••
If you wait for companies to contact you to buy a domain from you, you will die of starvation and reg fees. You have to contact them. For the most part, domain reselling is not a passive income.

I am making a living from domaining and I have stopped contacting companies about 2 years ago.

•••
Very interesting, thanks for your feedback!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back