Dynadot

GoDaddy ripping customers off with foreign exchange = beware!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

newviewit

New View MediaEstablished Member
Impact
Just found this out and thought some of you might not know...

Godaddy is making some serious money overcharging on foreign exchange if you're getting billed in any currency other than $US.

Currently I'm getting billed in Canadian $ and godaddy's foreign exchange rates are horrible compared to what I would get if charged with the actual advertised $US rate.

For example:
.co = $37 Canadian but it shows $25 US

That's a foreign exchange of 1.48 Canadian to one $US which is insane! It should be at 1.29...

End result is for each $10US billed we're being charged $15 Canadian, when it should be $13.

I'm sure this is the same if you're from OZ, UK, NZ, etc.

Contacted my vip account rep and it's a known issue, and there's nothing that can be done.

But if enough of us threaten/or actually cancel our Godaddy accounts this might get fixed... please email your account reps if you are reading this as this is criminal and should be stopped asap.

I'm currently looking into another registrar. From what I can see Namesilo seems to be the cheapest.... What's your thoughts on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In any transaction anywhere, even an atm at Patong beach at Pattaya Thailand.. When they ask you if you want to be charged in your local currency for your convenience, always answer no thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back